Feliz navidad

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
campy22

Feliz navidad

Post by campy22 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:50 am

Yup..here's another little xmas card.
Although, this one ws more a joke than anything else.
We went to a game night a little while ago, and, the song FELIZ NAVIDAD kept popping up on the music list.
We kept that has a running joke, and later, I decided to make a little animation out of it.
Since I'd already done a xmas card this year, I wanted to keep this one minimalistic, and quick, which is why the "animation" is even more limited than my usual stuff.
But, it's still a fun piece I think.
Click http://www.pascalcampion.com/aaa/navidad.swf for the clip

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:55 am

ha ha! i LOVE it. that songs kind of a running joke here in my office as well, for almost the same reasons!!

Og

Post by Og » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:18 am

That's great, Pascal.

I always love how you just "toss off" these things like it was something you did while waiting for the bus or something.

I heard a great interview with Jose Feliciano this weekend, about that song and how he came up with it. It's a NUMBER ONE song every Christmas, and has been now for thirty years! Dude is in his 60s now, but he grabbed a guitar and strummed it out.

"I just started playing this little chord structure like this..." Strum-a-strum-a, "And started just singing... Feliz Navidad... Feliz Navidad..."

It was great hearing him do it, and it felt like being at the beginning of something, not something that was old and stale. It gave me a renewed appreciation for the song, and so does your little Flash file there. You know, the one you tossed off while waiting for a bus.

:)
Last edited by Og on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 am

amazing! I love the beginning of this, the three singers at first and the guy talking, haha - its really really good. I really like your use of limited colors, - but what the hegg is that smilyhead doing at the feet of the one saxofonist at the beginning? ;P haha. - there's just a head there.. or am I dumb?

Oooomg, i wanna learn flash more than ever! I am SO putting aside time for that next year, - it'll be my new years promise to myself. Flashflashflash.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:52 pm

this is awesome pascal - puts me in the christmas mood despite the SoCal sunshine...

campy22

Post by campy22 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Thanks guys!
(^__^)
Og..lol..no, i ddn't TOSS it off while waiting for the bus..
I did spend a few hours on it.

p.

campy22

Post by campy22 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:01 pm

HEY!!

Just a little note to let you know that my previous Xmas card will be in the next episode of Channel Frederator tomorrow, on Episode #61
:D

almo

Post by almo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Okay, when I first saw Santa flying across the moon, I was afraid you were going to animate your "long flight from the North Pole" image. Whew.