batgirl color test

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
mr cow

Post by mr cow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:17 am

thanks guys! :D

yolk

Post by yolk » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:41 pm

lovely colors! :D

pogi

Post by pogi » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am

hi Mr.Cow

love the pic,very clean and cute.

One crit though,(hope you don't mind) her cape or wings,don't seem to be following the direction of where her skirt and hair are moving. Wouldn't the wings be dragged a bit left and upward as she looks like she's swinging in from around the top left of the page? I'm sorry if my explanation doesn't make any sense.

overall,like I said I love the pic

later
check my blog
http://rjohnb.blogspot.com/
updated weekly 8)

-loo-bot-

Post by -loo-bot- » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:29 pm

pogi wrote: One crit though,(hope you don't mind) her cape or wings,don't seem to be following the direction of where her skirt and hair are moving. Wouldn't the wings be dragged a bit left and upward as she looks like she's swinging in from around the top left of the page? I'm sorry if my explanation doesn't make any sense.
It took me some wondering to figure what was askew...and Pogi nailed it. But otherwise, it is a delightful drawing and the colours really fit the drawing.
Image- Mondays and Thursdays!

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:45 am

yolk- coming from you that means a lot!

pogi- not at all! crits are fine and encouraged! i was actually aware of the cape issue when i drew this it it still really bothers me. but if i was going to have her cape swing up (like it should) then she'd be almost completely covered and you wouldn't see her costume. so, well, i had to make an executive decision to keep the cape down. but it's wrong, you're right. if i had spent more time on it i could've been more creative and maybe make the cape kinda see-through or something... next time perhaps..

loo-bot- thanks!

Og

Post by Og » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:04 am

heh heh, Mike - one of the things I like about drawings v. photographs is the ability to change things for artistic reasons, just like what you've done. And I think this is another great step forward in the evolution of your technique. Everyone's right that you should do a whole book like this.

On the other hand... hmmmm. See-through cape....
ImageImage