New film in the works...

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Boum

New film in the works...

Post by Boum » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Well, I've begun working on another animated short, which will be called "Lucien, Superstar"... I'm not telling the story yet, the fun only begins :B

I just designed the character though, and I'd just want to know what you guys think of him... link is here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40070309/

Last time I had to design characters for an animation, I had a whole bunch of people to help me out (teachers, students), but now I'm kinda on my own, it scares me a little, so I'm asking for your opinion, ideas, etc.

The last one in the corner (bottom right) is my favourite, and I think his head is exactly what I'm looking for, except perhaps his hair, I'll see. His body needs some work. Comments appreciated!

dontreply

Post by dontreply » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:51 pm

I think that the first (top left) and last (bottom right) characters both look really cool

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:17 pm

I like the character on the top right. I don't know who the character is or anything like that, but overall I like the shapes and personality present in him. Good luck!

-glasshopper
http://www.myspace.com/glasshopper

campy22

Post by campy22 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:28 pm

oh sweet!
Another Animation
YEAHHHH
i'm dfinitely going to follow that one!
(^__^)

Will you have a blog for the development of your project?

as far as the character.
When you mentioned the tile"Lucien superstar" I immediately had the Frank Margerin's character in my head, especially beacuse there was one of his books or his story named like that)

SO.. it was a pleasure to see such different designs.
The thing is , since I don't know what the story is about, I really can't tell which would be better suited.
just from an art stand point, I like the one down, on the left.

Good luck.
You can do it.
You're very talented!

Boum

Post by Boum » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:02 pm

Thanks y'all!

I don't think I'll be blogging about this, as I don't have a blog of my own (too many sites to keep track of already, and too lazy!), but I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

The story behind it... it'll only last between 30 secs. and 1 minute, so it's gotta be pretty simple. Basically the little guy puts his guitar on, tunes it, stretches his arms, and when you think he's going to finally start playing, he smashes the guitar, yells "THANK YOU!" and leaves. :P

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:19 pm

I was going to say bottom right before I read your last post, but with that in mind I'd say the one in the top left corner will be better.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Boum

Post by Boum » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 pm

I'm really not into the first one... what makes him so special? His hair?

radiomouse

Post by radiomouse » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 pm

i like the first and last ones the most. the second is very nice, but it seems like you won't be able to get enough exaggerated emotion out of it. the third just reminds me of hitler...

of the first and last, the first is really nice, though the last exudes much more life and interest. i love his unibrow :D

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:35 pm

I thought that about the third.
I didn't want to say it though in case it was just me.
:roll:

I don't know what it is about the first one but he just looks more like someone who would do that.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Boum

Post by Boum » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Yeah, maybe, but at the same time you'd want NOT to know what's going to happen.

He's not going to look like he's wondering all the time, he's going to be very neutral the whole thing through, I'll see. That unibrow one still is my favourite, but I'll keep working on him.