"kid" rock

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
mr cow

"kid" rock

Post by mr cow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:17 am

since campy and foster posted their sgt rocks i thought i might as well post mine too. i wasn't going to, but then i haven't posted anything in a while either. anyhoo, i drew mine as a kid...

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:39 am

That is one cute kid. :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

campy22

Post by campy22 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:25 am

hehehehehehe
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOved that one!!

Can't wait to see what you're doing for the next theme!!

P

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Aw, that's so cute. :D You must post more in here, Mr. Cow.

Sounds like fun partisipating this drawer geeks stuff. Makes me wanna do it too.

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Hah. Nice.

Blom

Post by Blom » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:32 pm

It´s a good drawing Mike! But it´s not political correct you know. If we start to think about all the children around in the world that is put out there with a gun and taken away there childhood. Around 300 000 children is used around the world as soldiers in war. Sorry to bring this in Mike, but it is a day where we look back at one big event of sadness in the US that is remembered very often, and these children is as good as forgoten by the world. :cry:

Vince

Post by Vince » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:32 pm

I was totally expecting something else.

(P.S. That's true, Blom, but I think this is alluding more to kids playing dress-up.)

Joana

Post by Joana » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Very cute! :)

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:31 pm

That's classic

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:04 am

thanks everyone.

blom- you're right! i wasn't even thinking about politically correctnessy. but then often times i could care less about politcal correctness, at least when it comes to art. not that i think this silly little drawing is a great artistic acheivement or anything, but once we start putting the limitations of pc into our art, it ceases to be art. or it becomes commercial art. :wink:

i guess we could spin a whole thread out of this subject, but i don't really feel like doing that. needless to say, i see blom's point and i never thought about it that way. my hope is that it didn't offend anyone, but if it did, well.. i'll actually take that as a compliment i suppose and hope that they can see this doodle as more of a statement then an offense. or like vince, see it as a kid just playing dress up and me playing on the name "kid rock". or a message against super soakers for innitiating violence at a young age.

fourchinnigan

Post by fourchinnigan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:45 am

It's a kick-ass drawing with good colors.
Nothing about it is offensive to me.
Besides, I think political correctness does more harm to society in the long term than it "heals."

Wei2k

Post by Wei2k » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:43 am

awesome :P could make for a good episode on cartoon network.

Blom

Post by Blom » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:53 am

fourchinnigan wrote: Besides, I think political correctness does more harm to society in the long term than it "heals."
Maybe political correctness is wrong word to use among americans when we look at how the US goverment is.

And yes, I know who Kid rock is...

Mike, to go back upon your drawing, I think that is how he is dressed that makes me think of a child in war. If you take away that fun plastic-gun there is nothing left of the fun. Then he looks like a soldier. My point is, that I can see where you want with the drawing, but it is so easy that others look upon it in another way. And this one is dressed as close to the real soldier that for my part goes over to be a more sad than fun. The drawing is very good drawn and great coloring, but it does not give me that feeling of having fun, but I start to think about all the 300 000 who has to go around with guns... and then you got all the thouse who ends up in criminal gangs..

(I can next time say "Oh, so nice!" but than would not be a real comment. This is!)

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 pm

thank you, fourchinnigan & wei2k. wei2k- are you referring to cartoon network's consistent airing of superheroes as kids programming? it's kind of kids next doorish now that i think about it...

hey blom! i totally agree with you! :D

i was just saying it wasn't my intent, and my hope is that people see this drawing as more of a statement then an offense. it is a really sad state of affairs when we see children gong off to war or being forced to fight in them- expecially for things they might not even understand just yet (as if any war is completely understood :roll: ). maybe it's good a drawing like this reminds people of this tragedy instead of just pretending it's not there.

and yes! please express your comments! this goes for everyone. thanks to blom i noticed something i may not have otherwise. :)

aaron

Post by aaron » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:12 pm

That is so freaking awesome!