Portillo Comic/New Poster

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
SanguineSparrow

Portillo Comic/New Poster

Post by SanguineSparrow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Hey I'm new and I've been wanted to try posting on an art forum again. I'm a concept designer/animator by profession but I would like to get back into comics again. These are some conceptual drawings for my upcoming comic Portillo a story about a knights horse and the horses around him.

Here is a panel from the actual comic. The gangly young colt is the stories hero Portillo.

a concept image for the Undertakers horse and the Gravediggers pony

a concept for the Death of horses.

Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:29 pm

Wow. I really like your stuff, Sanguine. Man, such characterful lines and shading.

I love the big dark horse in the second pic, very powerful and sombre-looking. Your backgrounds are great too.

I don't know what else to say, except that your art makes me wanna find out more about the world you're depicting - its totally drawing me in and I almost forget I'm looking at art and get engrossed in the scenes themselves, which is totally what comic art should do.

Very nicely done. :)

- CB
You have a booger.
Sam

Sam & Sam @ PIXELSTRIPS

maxoid

Post by maxoid » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 pm

K. G.? AIPD?

'sup. guess who.

The undertaker's horse seems heck of powerful, I definitely dig that one the most. Death of Horses seems pretty dark and dreary, of course, and I enjoy the spiked hooves.

Looking forward to more!