Small dump.

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Joe Shig

Small dump.

Post by Joe Shig » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:47 am

Just stuff I've been doing recently. Enjoy!

--Joe.

Justin

Post by Justin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 am

i'm a sucker for round birds, and i really like the look of that last piece. nice work :)
-Justin

Capitaine Dub

Post by Capitaine Dub » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:51 am

Nice, but why do you call it a "small" dump? Why not turn it into a "massive" dump or something so we can see more of this cool artwork of yours? :)

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 am

Oh my god!! Giant Joe is plucking the stars from the heavens!! End of days people!!!! End of days!!! oh and nice perspective too ^__^

kms007

Post by kms007 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:13 am

Love the bird! Beautiful work all round!

-Krishna
Cartoonist, "The PC Weenies"

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:52 am

This actually has to do with your icon (your work is nice though!! :D )... is it from an old school computer game called the Neverhood or something like that? I remember playing it a long time ago (possibly pre-highschool and I'm currently in college) and I remember it being incredible though I didn't think too many people had heard of it. Anyways yeah...just wondering (-:

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:58 am

Thanks everyone! I enjoyed making these. The vector-style ones aren't usually my thing, but I thought I'd give it a go after seeing some cool t-shirt art over at Threadless.

Rocky: Yep the game is "The NeverhoOd" by Doug TenNapel who also created "Earthworm Jim" and the "Solomon Fix" short in Flight 2. He's an awesome artist and also has an interesting blog here.
--Joe.

Mac McCool

Post by Mac McCool » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Love the first two! The line "confidence" is not as strong, IMO, in the last two (and I realize that the last two aren't vector art, but that's not the aspect I'm addressing). I can see the tablet "signature" and limitation too much (where it's hard to draw one continuous full curve on an object -- the tablet -- we rarely rotate to accomodate the pivoting of the wrist, whereas we commonly rotate a piece of paper). The idea in the last one is superb!!! The fellow's face and clothes tend to distract from the simplicity of the idea, though. But it's great! Show more!!! :-)

Blom

Post by Blom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Fun!
Thou the second one is so dark on my screen that you have to look hard to see it.
But.. fun! ;)

Blom.