What Do You Mean, "Didn't Notice I Was Gone"?

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

What Do You Mean, "Didn't Notice I Was Gone"?

Post by Ian Jay » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Hey, guys! I'm back. And I've brought a bunch of fancy art stuff from Studio Arts 2D II, the art class I'm currently enrolled in. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I do when I'm not doing crudely-Photoshopped webcomics...

This is a gigantic charcoal-and-sepia drawing of my left boot, "Lefty". (My right boot is named "Percival", in case you were wondering.) It was done in about three class periods, since I came in a week late to the class. Kinda dingy, but that's true to the boot's dingy character, I guess.

My mom's bathroom, done up in oil pastels. Oil pastels are a medium art teachers seem to love for some reason, even though they're difficult to work with and usually come off as looking like slightly-thicker-than-usual crayons. Not my favorite work, but the color contrast is nice.

A self-portrait, done in vine charcoal. Never mind that the head is a little out of proportion: the facial expression totally, totally makes up for it.

Another self-portrait, this time done in arcrylics on canvas (everybody ooh and aah at painting something on canvas. It was my first time, anyways). The face looks great, but that stupid blocky hand is gonna haunt me every time I look at it.

And... that's all the projects I've done this year. If I get enough positive reactions, I'll post my altered book homework assignment. Thanks, guys!

Sincerely,

Ian Jay