Sketches (Antoine Updated Sept. 26)

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
AntSky0

Sketches (Antoine Updated Sept. 26)

Post by AntSky0 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:32 pm

Boy Scout Bob, "Kid at Heart." I was thinkin' of putting a nightsky in the back.
Last edited by AntSky0 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AntSky *_*

AntSky0

:)

Post by AntSky0 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:47 pm

I drew one of my friends from myspace...This is his profile image, work was slow, so i decided...what the hell!!
AntSky *_*

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:55 am

SO whatcha think?
AntSky *_*

m0tive

Post by m0tive » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:01 pm

i like the second one.
the composition is nice...

the first is a little odd, and im not so keen on it.

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:24 pm

AntSky *_*

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:24 pm

m0tive wrote:i like the second one.
the composition is nice...

the first is a little odd, and im not so keen on it.
Odd how?
AntSky *_*

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 pm

HELP!!! I drew a picture with a bubble and i put text inside...I tried to upload it to myphotobucket and it says it doens't alow jpg. gif. and all that other stuff!!1 why...it never did that with any other pics! Just because i put text inside why is it different?
AntSky *_*

elisio

Post by elisio » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:48 pm

what?
of course they allow jpeg. that's my format of choice there. the problem lies elsewhere.

as for your drawings... i don't want to sound too harsh but they are currently lifeless and flawed. so you need to work on that.
and that signature of yours? way too distracting.

e.

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:09 am

elisio wrote:what?
of course they allow jpeg. that's my format of choice there. the problem lies elsewhere.

as for your drawings... i don't want to sound too harsh but they are currently lifeless and flawed. so you need to work on that.
and that signature of yours? way too distracting.

e.
I guess...my friends like this stuff, boltcity members seem not to.
AntSky *_*

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:56 am

AntSky0 wrote:I guess...my friends like this stuff, boltcity members seem not to.
It's all relative. Flight forum members are comparing your work to the kind they know people get paid for in publishing or animation or whatever, your friends are comparing it either it their own inability to draw (?) or to the way you used to draw years ago. Trust me, Flight forum members are nicer than the people who actually choose the artists in publishing. Those people get dozens of art samples in the mail every day and just don't have the time to be nice (though most of them would be nice if they did).

So who should you believe? Well, both. You probably are a better artist than your friends, and I would be very surprised if you weren't doing better stuff now than you were a year ago, but it'll probably be a while before publishers are beating a path to your door. Heck, they're not beating a path to MY door either.

edit: Of course I just found this forum myself, so I may be overstepping my bounds. Everyone here SEEMS nice. Even nicer, I'd say, that the people on most other comics forums.

Jonathon Dalton
A Mad Tea-Party

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:59 am

And plus i'm only 15...that could be a reason for my "shaddy" work, and why my freinds love my stuff. I mean i'm putting my stuff up with you guys who are experienced adults in this field that know tricks of art that i may not know. anywho...

My first attempt at bubbles and text...i drew my freind Nachez and i placed some text of an inside joke inside. What do you guys think...i love the feedback, cept the one about the distracting signature.
AntSky *_*

Randy Dianogah

Post by Randy Dianogah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:39 am

jdalton wrote:
AntSky0 wrote:I guess...my friends like this stuff, boltcity members seem not to.
edit: Of course I just found this forum myself, so I may be overstepping my bounds. Everyone here SEEMS nice. Even nicer, I'd say, that the people on most other comics forums.
that's because its totally true. this is the nicest, most helpful board ive ever been on. everyone here is very patient and usually eager to help everybody out. :D

Randy Dianogah

Post by Randy Dianogah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:51 am

AntSky0 wrote: And plus i'm only 15...that could be a reason for my "shaddy" work, and why my freinds love my stuff. I mean i'm putting my stuff up with you guys who are experienced adults in this field that know tricks of art that i may not know. anywho...
dude. you should see my artwork from when i was 15. a lot worse than yours haha. so far you have the right attitude, just keep working on your shit.

i like the last picture you drew. it's a bit more precise than your other drawings. ahha and word bubbles arent a thing. i sometimes use the word bubbles that are available from blambot.com. cut and paste! haha

and as for that 'harsh' comment, it's a critique on your work. you might not agree with what he said, but you're putting your artwork out there for people to form an opinion and a critique on. if you dont like that idea, you shouldnt post your artwork. it might not have been the most constructive crit (although i do agree about the signature thing), but just use that as motivation to get better.

id personally like it more if someone told me my art needs work, rather than have them lie to me and have to go on the rest of my life with shotty work thinking everything is alright.

AntSky0

Post by AntSky0 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 am

Damn, but i love my signature...perhaps if i made it smaller and more out the way...maybe i should just stick with the "AB" thing....no one said anything about my siganture on my last pic...perhaps that's what i'll stay with with all my pics.
AntSky *_*

elisio

Post by elisio » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:58 pm

hey there.
sorry if i was too hard on you. must have been PMS (for guys).
this is actually a nice forum, i'll give you that. maybe too nice even. and being nice is not always the best way to judge someone's work. even more so if that work is important to the person (and i assume it is important for you). so don't take it too personnally when i post critics, even thought it's hard to distanciate one self from his art. take it with a grain of salt or as a base for your own auto-critic.
to make things perfectly clear, i didn't say your artwork sucked. if it was the case i wouldn't even have considered posting a comment. what i saw was the work of somebody obviously still young but gutsy (or foolish) enough to post among "giants". so that deserved a critic, to move you forward.
friends are a nice support but not always the best judges. believe me, i've been there.
so, keep it up!

e.

ps: as for the signature, if you like it so much, you should go all out and actually make it part of the artwork then. like in graffiti or something. just a thought...