Fables are gone

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
nomi

Fables are gone

Post by nomi » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:14 am

an illustration for an article saying that in modern world our belowed fables,that we were told in the childhood are just about to "fly away"
amor ut lacrima ocilus oritur in pectus cadit

bradcolbow

Post by bradcolbow » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 am

this looks really cool, good work. Where is this article running?

nomi

Post by nomi » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:34 am

Thanks.Um far-far away... :) Some magazine about...just about eveything rerally :) The title is ..eehh...umm...the title should be "Afisha" or something like that.Unfotunately i won't see it printed - the magazine is published in Moskow and i live...a little far from it.In the heart of Russia , to be sure :)

JP

Post by JP » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 am

Nice technique. Looks neat. The right foot bothers me a bit, though. If it was in the same position as the left, I'd say it was perfect.

Frank Stockton

critique

Post by Frank Stockton » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:35 am

Hello.

I don't think the piece is working with the article, if it's about what you said it's about. I think you should re-tool the concept if you can to try and come up with a better idea.
Aside from that, the composition isn't really doing anything for me and the drawing looks rushed rather than 'quick' which is what I assume you're going for.
Now that I think about it, the real reason I don't like the composition is because the solution for the article isn't making sense.

I hope that was helfpful, keep it up :)

FRANK

nomi

Post by nomi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:36 am

Hey thanks! about composition - i know, there's no excuse for it but, when printed it won't look like that - it's a character for an article , and as i was said - magazine designer will put it in the right place...
Unfotunately there is no time for finding a better idea , cause the deadline is off...over , expired , whatever it should be written in english :)
AND then again THANKS!
ps: this may have been the crappiest job in my life - nothing is clear and some other people touch my work.. :evil: