Cover Art

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Jeff Wilson

Cover Art

Post by Jeff Wilson » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:53 am

Hello everyone. Long time no see. It's been a long time since I've posted anything on Flight. I've recently started work on a comic book and I thought I'd share the cover art with you all...

O

Sweet!

Post by O » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:09 am

It's really cool to see before and after--especially in the way you handled the background, which obviously was not even roughed in in the b&w version. I think the composition is really good--exciting, active and it puts the viewer right in the action. Your lighting and coloring are good, and those tentacles really show it off. My only concerns are the junction of Space Monkey's left arm and torso, especially the wrinkles in his suit there. They flatten it out somehow, tho how you could do it better...? I don't know. Also, Monkey's face is (and this is totally subjective) a bit too human and not simian enough for my liking. But hey, great job overall. Inked, scanned and then Illustrator? Or Photoshop?
"...footballs of entagled centuries would burn out in the sparks of bubbling light waves."
--Kazimir Malevich, 1918

Frank Stockton

hey

Post by Frank Stockton » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:01 pm

Hey, I like it better graphic. The painted version loses the beauty of all that line work you've done. I guess that's a personal opinion though.

FRANK

Rad Sechrist

re

Post by Rad Sechrist » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:35 am

Hey man, good to see you posting again. I think it might help to add in sharp dark cast shadows along with the airbrushy shadows. Also, the purple seems too strong. Cool drawing. I want to see the inside!

EQ

Post by EQ » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:24 pm

the drawing is real tight man, I think the purple is too bright as well, it takes away from the characters a bit.
-brad