Art dump from someone who has not posted in ages...

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
O

Art dump from someone who has not posted in ages...

Post by O » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:52 pm

...but I have recently gotten way more serious about art...again. I also like to think I have learned a lot, in terms of technique, style, composition, etc. Who knows? I have learned a lot more about Photoshop...
Anyway--here is some stuff i have been doing recently. This is all prelm stuff for 2 projects--the colored stuff is a commissioned logo design, and th b & w stuff is for a kid's book. I just sent in the mock ups to the author...so I hope work on the final pices can begin soon.
This is all work in progress: be brutal, be constructive, be critical. I want these pieces to shine when they are done. Thanks!

1st mockup in color, based on a photo client liked. He asked for "...a toucan on a surfdboard, but not, y'know, cartoony." Photoshop from pencil sketch.
2nd mockup, based on my own designs. He liked this one better, so the final will be based on this. Photoshop from pencil sktech.
Panel 1. It's about a little boy who finds a monster in his bushes while retrieving a baseball. The author wanted the art a bit dark, and specifically mentioned Jhonen Vasquez. Ink and photoshop.
Panel 3. I don't have the other panels on my home comp--all stuck at Nexus because Gmail was being a bitch and I had no CD's on me at the time. I am going to get them tonight so they don't get destroyed. Ink and photoshop.
And a bad scan of a little watercolor I made for my brother for Christmas after his 15-year old Siamese cat died several years ago. The colors got messed up when he scanned it and emailed it to me. But it was in my file, so what the hell... Watercolor, pencil, crayon, colored pencil.
Thanks,
Owen
"...footballs of entagled centuries would burn out in the sparks of bubbling light waves."
--Kazimir Malevich, 1918