1000 words...

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
complete2

1000 words...

Post by complete2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:05 am

hi.
this is my first topic here in the forums.

i kind of have a challenge, an idea i had when i was a regular over at conceptart.org, but no one there seemed to like the idea. judging by the different posts i've seen here i think you guys might be more open to it.

the idea/challenge:

to illustrate a whole story in one image.

ex: "3 guys in prison meet in a broom clauset to discuss plans for bustin out. but they dont exactly see eye to eye..." could be racial differences, or just simple differences in the plan. you can go any direction you want.

ex: "the leaders of 4 different tribes are holding a heated discussion about territory" could be in the future, the past. could be indians, or some post apocaliptic world where crazy tribes have taken over abandoned cities. i dont care!

the point would be to tell a whole story in one image!
thats one of the most difficult things i've come accross, but quite a few here are really good at it, and i'd love to see them in action. it would also be a learning oportunity. also, a great place to get ideas/inspiration for an illustration if you cant think of anything on your own.

anyway,
if anyone's up to it, maybe we could start a thread devoted to this. kinda like a daily sketch book thing. every day someone would submit a "story" and we'd try to illustrate that story in one image.
just a thought.

thanks

complete2

Post by complete2 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:42 am

well i guess that answers taht question........

uminthecoil

Post by uminthecoil » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:26 am

I'm not all that interested in that challange, still, just wanted to say that your website is cool...dug your illustrations and graphic work...enjoying your music at the moment too...good stuff
Andrew

davidhopkins

Re: 1000 words...

Post by davidhopkins » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:40 am

complete2 wrote:to illustrate a whole story in one image.
While interesting, I guess it sorta defeats the idea of "sequential" art. We use the images, one after another to move the reader along.

However, I'd suggest that Norman Rockwell already took up your challenge and was quite effective. His paintings are narrative through and through-- a whole story in one image.
:: antihero ::