Plant´s feet

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
peppermint

Plant´s feet

Post by peppermint » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:33 pm

yay!
maybe till next year-
this is for a project i´ve been working on this last year- a children book-calling plants feet- seagullsfly all rights reserved 2003/2004
need some feedback- if that´s possible

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 pm

really, really like the colour and the two long floating strands of hair on back/top of head.
she looks slightly amused at something to the side of camera on first pic (like when you are in school photos and try not to laugh or look at someone doing something funny, but can't help to try and sneak a peek) :wink:

-dennis b
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:55 pm

I like these drawings, but i guess I really dont know what to give you feedback for? I think the second one is a better drawing, more solid, but both are nice.

My concern is those two strands of hair, are they a big part of the story? Like antenna on her head? I just think it might become distracting if she randomly has 2 strands of hair floating above her at all time.

Post more stuff, I likey.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:38 am

I like the pics.

But i love how you added the "All rights reserved" bit at the end.

Funny? Indeed!

:lol: :lol:

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:46 am

These are beautiful, Joana! Again, I love your color palette. It's very distinctive and sets a wonderful mood. One minor crit would be that the girl's feet in the first image are maybe a little too pigeon-toed (facing away from each other), but other than that, everything looks great. :D

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:55 am

These look great. I have to admit that I also like the second a little more than the first one, but they're both real solid.

peppermint

Post by peppermint » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:16 pm

thanks a lot for the feedback- this project is very important for me- i am in the ends, but i am reviewing lots of stuffs.

bluebottle:thanks mr, very much apreciated, i didi this last one based on photo, and this two sketches are not going to be in the book(still don´t know). that´s probabily the reason she looks like a sneak peek. :wink:

dik pose: thanks- it´s the first time i ever show this project to someone who is not in the studio, so every thought is welcome.
The strands of hair keep floating, like two rebels. there is no reason at all, i just though it would suit nice....
thanks for saying that

Stick:thanks! :lol: i didi the all rights thing because i gave the copyrights to my studio, and the story was not actually mine,my boss wrote that so...

Kazu:Kazu thanks- i was thinking her feet was too big, maybe cause they are in a bad pose, thanks a lot for mind saying that!

kean:thanks mate = glad you like it- the second one beats the first one :)

douglas a. bot

Post by douglas a. bot » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:44 am

Woop...late to the party.
Love these Joana. Your stuff is always so solid. Especially the second one. The hair strands are a nice touch...i always love how you give your characters little red noses.

very cute.

d.

davi
Flight Moderator

Post by davi » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:34 am

omg i love your coloring style

*marries your coloring style*

peppermint

Post by peppermint » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:59 am

D.: Never late- thank you, i am really really gdad you like the strands of hair. those were nice words. :D

davi:thank you friend, glad you like it-i am still defining how it´s going to be the colours of the book. :D