savage dragon

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Derek

Post by Derek » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:50 pm

The cover for October's issue of Savage Dragon has him punching George Bush. The cover for (I think) the tenth trade has him beating someone with his own severed arm. No wonder no one takes Image seriously. (Not a dig at Flight, but really, a lot of people expect nothing but big muscles and big tits from Image.)

bigg

Post by bigg » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:52 am

yeah i can see that. tho it seems to me now that image is about giving people a chance to get out there. not supprising that most people come to them with big muscle men and big brested woman to try to sell their comics. there is nothing wrong with those two elements when used right. but if it's just for show( and not adding to the story) it's pointless.
BigG
"I twist a blitz so quick it turns to roach clips/ New nicks get picked/ oh SHIT i need another hit/ I sip Sipps while two full clips spit hollow tips/ As I raise the guns up off my hips/ Now who you fukin with?"
http://www.wesleygunn.com

Derek

Post by Derek » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:32 pm

I can't remember the last time that a pair of EE breasts ever added to the story, because it's never happened.

bigg

Post by bigg » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:37 pm

hahahahahahahahaha. yeah well not THAT big no. but you know what i mean. there is nothing wrong with a character having big breasts, the problem is over use of it to sell books.
BigG
"I twist a blitz so quick it turns to roach clips/ New nicks get picked/ oh SHIT i need another hit/ I sip Sipps while two full clips spit hollow tips/ As I raise the guns up off my hips/ Now who you fukin with?"

Derek

Post by Derek » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:59 am

Well, that, and, y'know, not every woman on the planet has big tits. It's like all those Top Cow house style guys learn how to draw one male body, two male faces, one female body, and two female faces, and they think they're set. None of their characters have any variety and all the artists are more or less interchangeable.

bigg

Post by bigg » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:14 am

there are a few companies out there with ONE main artist, and "supporting clones" all around. most of those guys figure they can get on looking like some one who is on already. and your right about the "factory model" male and female characters they use. that kinda thing is always gonna happen. that's one of the reasons i have to spend so much time looking for books i really like. you really have to weed throught a lot of crap these days.
BigG