A whole bunch of stuff - sketches, couple finished pieces

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Reagan

A whole bunch of stuff - sketches, couple finished pieces

Post by Reagan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:03 am

Hey everyone, long time no see. I've been busy off my ass the last almost-year, on sort of a vision quest or walkabout if you want to put it that way, hence my lack of presence here. But now that things have settled down a bit I'm now able to post some of the stuff I've done over the last while. Don't mind the training notes, I write all my notes in my sketchbook since it's the only place I'm likely to remember to read over them later.

And a couple finished pieces. Kind of darker than my usual. Bad stuff happened with me a few months ago, so I handled it through drawing.

Mr. Average

Re: A whole bunch of stuff - sketches, couple finished pieces

Post by Mr. Average » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:12 am

I find these oddly fascinating. The colour pieces especially look like animation stills, which is an effect I dig, and have been trying for myself. They could stand to be just slightly sharper (the anime-blur reduces the definition of the scenes which have tons of detail I would like to see more clearly) but overall are very interesting.

--M
Image Image

Reagan

Re: A whole bunch of stuff - sketches, couple finished pieces

Post by Reagan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Mr. Average wrote:I find these oddly fascinating. The colour pieces especially look like animation stills, which is an effect I dig, and have been trying for myself. They could stand to be just slightly sharper (the anime-blur reduces the definition of the scenes which have tons of detail I would like to see more clearly) but overall are very interesting.

--M
Thanks man! I do hear you a bit on the sharpness comment. Problem is, I DO lke showing more of the detail and definition that went into the images, since I do actually paint/draw it all out before it gets blurred into obscurity.. But on the other hand, leaving it too clear didn't feel right for the 'feel' I was going for in the image, if that makes any sense. I suppose I could post the unblurred versions if people want though.