Spiralkicker

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
atomicterrier

Re: Spiralkicker

Post by atomicterrier » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:08 am

bizarre and amazing, I love them all!
Image Image

kstipetic

Post by kstipetic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Wow these are awesome!
I love the snake woman. I'm assuming she's the villain, but she should totally kick the little boy's ass and laugh about it. That would make me happy.

Ikage

Post by Ikage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Faaah thanks shes definitely a sassy villianious type! Also here are some color/character refs for a comic me and my buddy are doing.

It was hard to get him to contrast Djieien's long legs. But Djieien's legs are bent, but Jonesy's as you can see are long and stilt-like.
Stuck to more primary colors for him since he's the main character.

We'll probably go with the one button look with the tie sticking out all funky. Like he barely knows how to put human clothes on. Though we'll probably go with the more muted brownish hues version.

Goes with the colouring style more were inventing up for the comic. Not my usual cup of tea so I hope to surprise people just as much as Nubba will with the style he choose and his clean lines.
Djieien is a native American myth.

He will be our talented gun man in the comic. Can't give too much away since SPOILERS.

Also trying to sneak in subtle little Native American motifs into his design and patterning was very fun. I figured with a lot of cultures their dress is based on what they believe their gods to look like. So they try to emulate them the best they can in every way possible. Like small children looking up to the big kids.

But Donestre aka Donny and the Cadejo Bros. are next

More Pyramid Scheme comic work.

Omg ahh I had the hardest time with this because there are scant references for barrel chested men ( I didn't know it was a deformity what)

Anyways here is Boss he is a Gremlin. Representing the hard middle class working man. Where hardwork and perseverance will get you ahead. Adverse where his son is just sheerly weird talents.

Boss was one of the best, because of it everyone has called him Boss for so long he forgot his real name. He also scored the prettiest gremlin trophy wife he could get to fetch him a beer and a sandwich and was living the high life. And oh happy day-a Son! The ploys of running a father son business bubbled in his head gleefully as he sucked on a stogy and bragged to the Gremlin neighborhood.

But when he discovered there was something very wrong with his son when he got older. He was autistic, and could only put things TOGETHER instead of pulling them apart. Such out of this world crazy and practically useless in the eyes of any Gremlin. Not only that his wife left him and he was laughed out of the Gremlin community. Shamed, he went to an abandoned hanger with his son in hopes to get it through his head the proper way a Gremlin should be. And reclaim his glory when he finally gets it through his sons head that Gremlins take things APART and begin their business.

So he could rub it in everyone's face that laughed at him before.

And thats his backstory/setup

Design for a Comic character.

Trying stylish design. Still deciding between background stories either its going to be the blackbirds baked in a pie or the birds left over from the Salem trials because witch's were burned and drowned but what happened to their feathered insidous pets?

For a secret santa on another forum I go to.

Also updated Sina sheet going for an armless look with her.

Vear

Post by Vear » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm

:shock: Wow... Dude! your work is wonderful! I love it all!

Sanaril

Post by Sanaril » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Well your stuff is certainly very eclectic! Amazing range of subjects and styles, I wish I had the time you obviously have but life has totally gotten in the way of my art lately. :P

Ikage

Post by Ikage » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Faaah thanks guys! And I know what its like to have no time on your hands. Life has a way to get in the way of what you just want to spend dying doing.

But fufufuf heres some new doodles as of late. Miscellanious from Comic sketches to just random

DEBATABLE. On having him as a pivotal role in the comic or a joke character.

Some Donny sketches. Our flashy little English socialite

"One magnificent illustration makes real the Donestre, a fabulous race described in the legends of the Greek conqueror Alexander the Great. The Donestre embody a monstrousness which is both corporeal and linguistic.

Because they know all human languages, these strange creatures are able to greet travelers to their country with familiar speech, convincing foreigners that they know their kinsmen and homeland. After they lure their victims close with pleasant conversation, they kill them and devour their bodies except for the head, which they sit over and mourn with weeping.
The illustration in the Old English Wonders of the East consists of three successive scenes, read clockwise starting at the top. Here the

Donestre is a fleshy, naked man with a lion's head. His curly mane sweeps the curve of his shoulder, and with a sad frown and huge, watery eyes he commiserates with a traveler. The foreigner gestures widely, perhaps in the midst of relating some story about his distant home to his sympathetic listener. The patient monster extends an enormous hand to touch the speaker, a reassuring language of the body. Below and to the right is the next episode of the narrative: the Donestre, having heard enough, is busy devouring the traveler. The monster’s naked body is directly on top of the man, pinning him to the earth.

The final scene, in the lower left corner, finds the Donestre looking melancholic. He holds his hands to furry ears, frowns miserably, and stares at the bodiless head of his victim, the only remnant of the feast."

Black Cadejo sketches
Star Demons
CHAINSAWD

Ikage

Post by Ikage » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 am

Oh man it's been awhile!