Hyperion-art.com

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Hyperion

Hyperion-art.com

Post by Hyperion » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 am

Hey guys, just posting my new website. It's all hand coded in HTML because I did it for my web programming mid-term (I know I cheated). I'm sure I'll take the time to design a cool flash site sooner or later but until then here it is. ..oh and it doesn't work on Internet Explorer for some reason atm. if anyone out there has some advice on that let me know.
http://www.hyperion-art.com
really really witty quote

ZidaneTheKing

Post by ZidaneTheKing » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Your stuff is really cool, really awesome and strange use of colors, texture and surrealism.

The site has two annoying things about it, though maybe it's just my configuration(firefox 3, screen at 1024x768). The frame on the top and the frame on the left are way too big. The images are what I want to see, but I have to scroll to see the entire image, even though they aren't very big.

Here's an example of a good website that has the same goal as yours:

http://jamesjean.com/

You still see his name and are able to navigate easily, while also having plenty of space for the images.

Hyperion

hyperion-art.com

Post by Hyperion » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:16 pm

yes, thank you. That is a very cool web site. I would love to have that body of work also. I made this site for a school midterm, and have to use frames and the such. so it's more about squeezing as much code as I can into a small space than athstetics.However in the title bar it mentions that it is best viewed in 1280X1024 (that's what I work in) But I will definitely look to this website you've recommended when I work on my official online portfolio. I prefer to create something in flash to take care of pretty much any compatibility issues in the near future.
really really witty quote