New[ish] Daily Sketch blog!

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Ashwara

New[ish] Daily Sketch blog!

Post by Ashwara » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in a while, ha ha.

Anyways, my girlfriend and I started a sketch blog about a month ago and we've started posting about everyday in it. You can check it out here: http://ver-million.blogspot.com

The idea is to take a theme each night and then we each make an illustration based on it. It's kind of evolved into daily illustrations instead of sketches, but that's ok! The point is just to push ourselves and to draw everyday.

Here are a few select illustrations from the blog:

Check it out!

Sanaril

Post by Sanaril » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:12 am

Gorgeous stuff and nice idea! If only I had the time to draw something for myself everyday :(

Harry Myland (IV)

Post by Harry Myland (IV) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Hah! Me and my buddy Josh Hechinger just started a similar duo sketch blog this week. We switch off on days and draw whatever we want (mostly just ganking stuff from our sketchbooks, so nothing fancy), but on Sundays we do a theme thing. We're at, http://www.No-You-Suck.com

Nice stuff, by the way. :D

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check out your blog too and let you know what I think!

Anteater

Post by Anteater » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:49 am

Did I tell you that your character designs are brilliant? Not only "raised-eyebrows-good" but absolutely wonderful? No I didn't, so there it was. But... the things I see here and the things I saw during my very brief visit to your blog all seemed kinda... hasty. You should try sometime to just drop all the important stuff you have to do and just work on a piece for 20 hours on end. It's quite an experience.

Ashwara

Post by Ashwara » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks! I'm really glad you like the character designs.

Anyways, yeah everything on the blog was done between one and three hours. But that's why it's a sketch blog. We post there every night so it's hard to do something every day and spend 20 hours on it.

But you're right, I probably should do something that takes longer. I haven't in a while.