Cross Roads

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
campy22

Cross Roads

Post by campy22 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 am

Still super busy..seems to be a recurring thing these days! Here goes another tv sketch.
I have to say though that I'm really enjoying doing these.They provide such a mental getaway..just let the pen flow on the paper, no erasing, no going back. It's quite relaxing!

Have a great day.
Cheers.

almo

Post by almo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 am

Hey, Pascal, is there any reason your Flash work seems to always be side views, where as your pen work tends to be from above (I may just be making this correlation up in my head)? Just curious. Great stuff, as always.

damodar

Post by damodar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:56 am

awesome!
God is in deatails

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey, I was expecting to see Britney Spears when I opened this thread. I wasnt dissapointed! Love the lion, Pascal. :)

campy22

Post by campy22 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:11 am

Britney Spears? ...hu....???

Almo..
Yes there is!
remember, 99 percent of the stuff I post here are fun sketches..not the ones done for work.
Doing side views images in flash is quicker, and allows me to focus on readability and speed. I don't want to go into a complex perspective, which will have to make me think really carefully about my color choices for the different planes of a drawing, etc etc.. Early in the morning, I just want something to get me started!

For the pen drawings, it's just so easy to do them like that on paper, and relaxing. It's not true perspective, just boxes basically.
A true perspective would take me a bit more time, and quite a bit more focus power...at least if I want to do a correct one.

For work though, I mostly do animation..so, that's even different, but when I do design work, it's completely different.

Damodar, thank you.

almo

Post by almo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 am

It sounds like you may have been asked that question before, so I'm sorry if I made you repeat an explanation. And it does make perfect sense. Thanks!

campy22

Post by campy22 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:27 am

Almo.. No, not really. It is something I have been thinking about very consciously when I do my drawings. I really try and give myself some"rules" when I do them( the colored ones) so that I can learn how I function. Afterwards, it becomes a discipline of sticking to these rules to become better and faster, and, once in a while, i break them, especially in my actual work work.

P.

almo

Post by almo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 am

Not to suck up too much, but I don't see how you could get any better and/or faster, considering how quickly you produce such incredibly awesome work.

campy22

Post by campy22 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:49 am

I go faster and quicker because I work at it...not just a lot, but I try to work smartly as well.
(^_^)