Moon Town

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:19 am

She looks fantastic! Cannot wait to see what your short looks like in motion.
Chad Townsend

Scott Hallett

Post by Scott Hallett » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 am

Jeez! I haven't been keeping up... this is really great! I'm a big fan of the simplicity. Very stylish! And I bet it would look great as a vinyl toy...

Og

Post by Og » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks, you guys.

Chad - that seems to be the reigning opinion - LET'S SEE HER ANIMATED!!!

heh heh.

Scott, I'm glad you got caught up again. Lots going on. I just took another whack at the script, and it's much better. More action, more fun. *shrug*

As for seeing her as a vinyl toy, I can't lie. It makes me happy to think of her that way, and the moment I came up with that initial sketch, that was the thought that occurred to me - these characters would be really cool vinyl toys. I really need to get on that.

Thanks again for writing, everyone. Great to have the support. I've just survived my first why-don't-I-just-kill-this-project-and-go-read-comic-books fit of creative insecurity, so it's good to know there are folks out there watching and waiting.
ImageImage

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 am

No guts no glory right? Don't give up Og. It'll be so much more glorious when its all done!

mestioko

Post by mestioko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 am

Looking good, Steve. I'm just catching up on this thread and it's awesome seeing the evolution of Cassie. I think you've found that happy medium you were seeking for her. Kudos on all the hard work.

James_80

Cassie

Post by James_80 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:47 am

Cassie looks great. I love the process you've done to develop her "look".

I like how you treated her arms, they remind me of vintage animation when they used hose like arms on the characters.

One of the cool things about your progress is Cassie's Hat/Helmet. In some of you early sketches I was not sure if it would look that good. But your final rendering seals the deal with me. It looks great. Can't wait to see more.

Og

Post by Og » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 am

Thank you, everyone!

James - her helmet was really important to me, and I had many people telling me they didn't think it would work. Frankly, I was unsure, but I was really pulling for it. I'm glad to hear you say it works for you because that last render finally convinced me as well.

Back to it, and thanks again everybody.
ImageImage