Adventures with my first long form comic:

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
angeldevil

Adventures with my first long form comic:

Post by angeldevil » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:36 pm

OK the story looks like it will be over 150 page which puts me at half way or so now. By far the longest I've ever gone on one story, and pretty ambitious considering I haven't had anything in print for years, really. This is the book the agent optioned and is now setting up to pitch, nice to have the pressure of selling it off my back, but does that mean I get to kick my feet up and just churn out pages? Nope. I just finished a basic website (with blog) for the project. If the book gets picked up I would like to expand the site and maybe add a related,on going web comic (if I have time, yes, right). Anyway, I had fun dong a bunch of art for the website, which I then turned into a post card for the agent to send around with the proposal. And, um... I thought I could show off a bit of that work here...? Thanks, I think everyone I see on a day to day basis is getting tired of looking at this stuff. Ha.

Anyway, Website is here: http://www.nowhereisaplace.com

and the postcard image that was made up from the web images:

And while I'm not really ready to show off pages of the actual book yet, here is a link to the first idea I abandoned after a few pages http://www.angeldevilland.com/dutch.html and a short adventure that I liked but couldn't take any further story wise http://www.angeldevilland.com/mrdark.html. Neither really resemble what I ended up doing. Funny how that works, isn't it?

angeldevil

Post by angeldevil » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:15 am

I'm doing these color panels for the book to break up the black and white every ten or twenty pages, ok... I've only finished one, waiting until I get around to buying that new Cintiq in the hopes it will speed up my digital painting. So far this is the only panel finished that has made it into the book layout. But, well... I like it.

Blom

Post by Blom » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:02 pm

It looks good. And the style reminds me of some animation film I have seen once, but don`t remember the tittle now. This sounds like a big project, hopes it goes well. :D
Tor Harald Blom

angeldevil

Post by angeldevil » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:35 pm

Blom wrote:It looks good. And the style reminds me of some animation film I have seen once, but don`t remember the tittle now. This sounds like a big project, hopes it goes well. :D
Thanks! I have something of animation background, I guess one never escapes that, right? You'll let me know if you think of the film? Now I'm curious.

Yes... BIG project. What did I get myself into?

angeldevil

Post by angeldevil » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah, more stuff... this was a sketch, but I might use it as a splash page after all... I was going to color it in full, but I dashed this off just to show it to a friend and now I like it.