illustration thread

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
campy22

Post by campy22 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 pm

(^_^) Funny..I have similar stories about commercials!

fvallejo

Post by fvallejo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:38 pm

It was a blast going through this thread Frank. I just signed up on the forums and I find this thread! Inspired like crazy. Congrats on the comic...although I enjoy the first one's colors a little more.

Looking forward to updates!

OliverDominguez

Post by OliverDominguez » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 am

Amazing work man! Some of your pieces I've never seen. Very inspiring work. Look forward too seeing new work.

Frank Stockton

Retiring the thread

Post by Frank Stockton » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

hey guys,

It's been about 10 months since I started this thread, and it's been great, but I haven't been keeping up with it lately and have decided to retire it in order to focus more on my blog and other stuff.

I will probably continue to comment in other threads and occasionally perhaps post things here as well.

Thanks for checking up on my work, everyone's comments have been much appreciated over the months.

Here is the last thing I'll post; these are a couple of tiny spots for Men's Health's advice column.

ciao,

Frank

"I do not get discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"
--Thomas Edison

http://www.frankstockton.com

fvallejo

Post by fvallejo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 pm

bummer you're not posting anymore, I'll scope out the blog. These pieces are great by the way. Are you finding doing multiple quick spots more lucrative then doing a full page?

best,
-francis

Frank Stockton

Post by Frank Stockton » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm

fvallejo wrote:bummer you're not posting anymore, I'll scope out the blog. These pieces are great by the way. Are you finding doing multiple quick spots more lucrative then doing a full page?

best,
-francis
Spots are most illustrators' bread and butter; they're not a ton of fun usually, but they pay the bills. I definitely get more into full pages, spreads, features and even half pages. Certain illustrators I know, though, only seem to do ful pages (Ilana Kohn, for example)

f.
"I do not get discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"
--Thomas Edison

http://www.frankstockton.com

Blom

Post by Blom » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Have not been in this tread for a long time I see. Lot`s of great illustrations!
The sofa car reminds me of a strange video-clip with Jim Carry driving around in a big bed, stopping at the gas station and so on singing Elvis. I think it is on the Michel Gondry Work-of-Director DVD box with music videos. :D
Tor Harald Blom