Sketches. 5/8/08

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
KidVideo

Sketches. 5/8/08

Post by KidVideo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:01 pm

These are some sketches i did for class..enjoy critiques are welcome! thanks

This is suppose to be some guys in korea, i spend about 5-10 minutes on it in class..im still in class..

This is a mountain village suppose to be lebanon, enjoy!
thanks again.

Here are a couple halloween drawings, the first one is a haunted house suppose to be scary and what not, its for my halloween comic " House of Krazees" and the other one is pretty self explanitory.

Image :shock:
Last edited by KidVideo on Thu May 08, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Abstract Watercolours i've been doing just because..

here are a couple self portraits and a one line.

here are a couple other watercolors i did

and some stickers

well thanks for taking the time to look through all of the pictures, feel free to make critiqes. thanks again.
Last edited by KidVideo on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:10 pm

I like your more finished work a lot. I'm assuming it's the virgin Mary in the blue robe with the red and white? That one is really strong. I think if you had been more gradual with shadows it would really add to the piece. Also, you did a great job reserving the whites. It looks like it could be a "master copy," and I mean that with utmost respect. Studying the old masters, especially for anatomy, is one of the best ways to improve your skillz.
Those experimental watercolors have some really cool effects going on with the blending. You oughta work some of those into less abstract pieces.
:D

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm

the watercolors in the picture are really close up, and i think they'd look alot better if they were viewed with some distance. but im really unsure what to do with watercolor, i've done still lifes that turned out really well, i'll take some picture of them soon. but i'd like to use water color in my comics for coloring, but im still working on inking, i just can't seem to get it right.

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:13 pm

These are just little doodles and stuff from sketch books. Also some watercolors and gesture drawings from my figure class.

Thats all crits are welcome, thanks.

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:40 am

You are great with watercolors! you should definitaly do more of that. :) I love the virgin Mary and I love the fruits. (:

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 pm

thanks, i'm going to work on some more when it gets warm, maybe some of the woods..

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Muffin wrote:I love the virgin Mary and I love the fruits. (:
That sounds a little... conflicted. :lol: sorry, didn't want to pass that up.

Yes, the fruit paintings are probably the strongest in this second round. Definitely don't stop sketching, but lined paper isn't what you should be drawing on. Pick up a cheap sketchbook with decent paper at an art- or a book-store. Do more drawings where you really focus on representation.

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Some lights from figure drawing class.

Figures, from figure class.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Those lights are a great idea. I never thought to draw the surroundings in figure drawing classes. hm... I may have to try that sometime.

I think you've got a pretty good feel for the body in general... a couple of minor issues: Watch the junctions around the hips. Draw what you see, not what you think is there. If you're sure you drew it right, add the shadows to make sure you're communicating the form. Also, the shoulders on your last model look too wide - but this is probably because the head and neck aren't big enough.

Okay, that's my two cents. Good stuff, keep at it. :)

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah, the last one the head is too small..i have a problem of doing that from fronts and backs, and i can't seem to get myself out of that rut. as for the hips. the last woman has larger hips, shes an older woman and suspect shes probably a mother, but the other girl was just larger. the other views i have of them turned out not so well..as for the male that one was probably the closest to the actual i've gotten, next to the profile of the woman. his arms look to me i think i may have gotten the arms too short.

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Figures I did in colored pencil, they looked cool so i thought i'd share.

Last edited by KidVideo on Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Gambino

Post by Sam Gambino » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:24 pm

I like the lemons and the lights, KidVideo. All of them are cool, but those are my favorites....

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Here are some sketches for a comic im working on called Nunchuckata.

this is nunchuckata. the early days of catman.

This is his partener X-ray

here are some street thugs he encounters.

I posted the first comic in the other forum but if you want to check it out i have the pencils i can post it up here by request. let me know what you think.

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm

just did this today, figure drawing class turned out really well and was excited.