Testing Painter

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
TmDurn7

Testing Painter

Post by TmDurn7 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 pm

I recently got painterX and it's a rough start. This program feels so vast and complex, but gotta start somewhere

Kid Galactus

Post by Kid Galactus » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Hey Tim,

As you know, I've been experimenting with Painter a bit myself. I have to say... I dan't quite tell what's going on in this piece and the edges are a bit muddy for my tastes. That said though there are some things I really like about it. The arcane blue swirlies are right up my alley. As well, the texture of the aforementioned stump thing is downright sexy. I also like the kind of harsh shadows you're casting.

did you use all the same brush/paint type for this, or did you mix it up some?

Keep it up and keep us posted man.

-Kid
http://spencerranch.wordpress.com
-Every Damned Day: A daily sketchblog

http://kidgalactus.deviantart.com
- Kid on Deviantart

TmDurn7

Post by TmDurn7 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Hey, as far as the brushes are concerned i tried to mix things up if just to see what everything does. i put down base colors with digital watercolors then went over them first in opaque oils and kinda mixed them around with artists' oils (blender mainly). the grass was done with the variable flat brushes.

Yeah, work continues. you can check out my other post here because there's a second piece up. also, i found i can kinda make these pictures a little more passable after i take'm into photoshop because i'm WAY more comfortable in that than this new and vast painter program