Just more sketches (Updating again)

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Threshold

Just more sketches (Updating again)

Post by Threshold » Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm

We'll see how long this lasts... I'm going to try to post regular sketches.

Inspired by the 24 season finale... and a memory trip. Something along the lines of Danger Girl. With more clothes. :lol:
Last edited by Threshold on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Well, that didn't last long. Actually, the whole getting-a-job and settling into it thing just took longer than I thought it would.

An art school type sketch - no ref

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:17 pm

I know... I'm a hack... whenever I'm uninspired I resort to drawing to Spider-Man.

Whatever. You all know you love Spider-Man too.

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:52 am

Nice sketches, Threshold! Especially that first one.
Spider-man looks like he's doing some sort of weird dance. ;)

ZidaneTheKing

Post by ZidaneTheKing » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 pm

I like them in general, but the legs maybe seem too short in proportion to the rest of the body.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Thanks, Muffin. I actually have to agree with you there.... he does seem to be dancing a litttle bit of a jig.

Zidane, you mean my legs in general, or on just one of them? On the figure-drawing piece, I just ran out of page, but you might be on to something. Lately, I've been seeing the body as an upper and a lower part, so I maybe need to watch my proportions.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:48 am

I'll say it before anyone else does... okay, I noticed that the pair of goggles flying off the guy's head looks like a bra. :roll:

I think it looked better before I markered it all up.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 pm

did this in OpenCanvas over the past couple day. I really wish I could attach the wpe file here. I'll see about finding some quick hosting.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Brush pen sketch on a card to a friend. I wish that movie had lived up to the trailers and posters.

ZidaneTheKing

Post by ZidaneTheKing » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:46 am

Hey, sorry for taking so long, I was away. I meant all of the legs. And maybe the arms now that I look at it. Please don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm just sharing my opinion and what little I've picked up from other people.

You'd be surprised how long limbs are, it's generally half of the body height from heel to the middle of the hip area. And the armspan, from middle finger to middle finger stretched all the way out is about the same as a person's height.

Right now the standing figures generally look more like children than adults, proportionally.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Zidane, I think that's a good call, mostly. I once got a comment that a Jedi I drew looked anorexic. After looking up 'anorexic' in the dictionary, I went back and noticed that basically, the only thing I drew that looked properly fed was the Incredible Hulk.

So yeah, I'm supposed to know all those proportion rules, but it just goes right out the window when I'm actually drawing. Thanks for the help.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 pm

'nother spidey. I think a new personal rule is that I'm not going to draw any more superheroes for a while.

col-erase and white pencil.

CameronCN

Post by CameronCN » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Threshold wrote:Image

did this in OpenCanvas over the past couple day. I really wish I could attach the wpe file here. I'll see about finding some quick hosting.
I really like this one. The proportions look just fine, too.

ZidaneTheKing

Post by ZidaneTheKing » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:56 pm

CameronCN wrote:
Threshold wrote:Image

I really like this one. The proportions look just fine, too.
Yeah, for me that's the best one, I agree about the proportions looking just fine.

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:27 pm

Something I've been working on in class at UCF between powerpoint slides. University is way harder than anything else so far... and a lot of that is just them making stuff difficult.

I intended to do this completely with crosshatching, but it wasn't quite so practical in the end. My hand kept smudging it

Edit: yes, he's a he. I decided on at least one rough, Aragorn-type character, but the face isn't old enough.