Short Stories by Ray Bradbury

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Tamte

Short Stories by Ray Bradbury

Post by Tamte » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Ray Bradbury is a contemporary Sci-Fi Writer, I am unsure of whether he is still alive or not. I have recently been reading some of the hundreds of short stories this man has written, and MAN! are they awesome. Bradbury is best known for Farenheit 451 (http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Fahrenheit_451), and is commonly categorized as a Science Fiction writer. His stories arent about fancy far off places or gadgety spaceships they are about people, and the way they interact. Dont get me wrong I love huge alien spaceships and whatnot, but this aspect of his work really makes these stories connect with readers far better than lots of other sci-fi stuff. There is some great imagery in there as well. Anyway, it's brilliant stuff so if your bored and hanging out by a bookstore check out his stuff. some of my personal favorites

"Kalediescope"
"All Summer In A Day"
"The Long Rain"

-Tamte

comments, Thoughts?

Karp

Post by Karp » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Bradbury is still alive. I'm not sure I'd classify him as contemporary, though. If you like his short stories, you would probably enjoy what I consider to be his best novel "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

I think my favorite of his short stories are the ones set on Mars. The imagery he uses really makes the Red Planet seem beautifully alien. Another of my favorite short stories, the name of which currently escapes me, is about a family of supernatural entities who live in haunted house.

edcorrea

Post by edcorrea » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Bradbury is an amazing writer. I love the way his stories start and grow up. He make us feel that we arrive in the middle of a life, an adventure or just some strange moment.
My favorite story... i think is not just one. But... i like too much the one where a few astronauts are falling in the open space. Just great narrative.
Edward Correa

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:35 am

Has anyone read Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing: Essays on Creativity? It's a must have for any fan or for anyone who likes to write.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:41 pm

I've read the mars stories! I like them a lot.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image