It's a good life if you don't weaken (by: Seth)

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Sebastian Agresti

It's a good life if you don't weaken (by: Seth)

Post by Sebastian Agresti » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Just finished reading 'It's a good life if you don't weaken' by Seth. Quite a popular book and I know its out there for more then 10 years now. But for the people who didn't hear of it yet. Check it out.

From wikipedia
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken is the title of a 1996 graphic novel (or "picture novella") by Seth, published by Drawn and Quarterly. It was originally published in issues 4 through 9 of the comic book series Palookaville. It is about Seth's search for an obscure Canadian cartoonist named Kalo who once contributed to The New Yorker.

It was #52 on the list of the "100 Best Comics of the 20th Century" compiled by The Comics Journal.

This book stirred up controversy when it was realized that, although it was based on Seth's life, it was not autobiographical as claimed.

Charlie the choo choo

Post by Charlie the choo choo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 pm

I've read some of seths other work (he's fantastic). But I have yet to pick up this one.
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! in a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:46 pm

I had a chance to meet Seth once but I missed out because my stupid pot-head lazy-ass housemate couldn't be bothered to pass on phone messages.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image