Domu: A Child's Dream

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
thirdeyeh

Domu: A Child's Dream

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:02 am

Hey everyone. I wanted to recommend this amazing piece by Akira creator Katushiro Otomo. I bought this book when I was in middle school, like ten years ago. And I remember this book vividly being the best comic I had ever read at that point, and in some ways, it still is. I still look at that copy I bought so long ago and marvel at what an amazing piece of storytelling it is.

The story centers around an apartment complex in which there have been a large number of deaths and suicides. As detectives and the like try to learn more they begin to discover that what's going on is anything but ordinary. What ensues is a battle of youth vs. age and psychic abilities.

I hope that says alot without saying much. It's a great read, I recommend it for any library. And the great thing is that its all one book one, no twenty volumes to purchase or whatever.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:35 pm

Yes, this one is excellent. One of the best graphic novels I've ever read. It's a very tightly told, simple story with an amazing sense of space and mood. I also highly recommend it.