Sky Doll 1, 2 +3 (English Trans.) in Heavy Metal Magazine

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Sarah Mensinga

Sky Doll 1, 2 +3 (English Trans.) in Heavy Metal Magazine

Post by Sarah Mensinga » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:12 am

I searched around to see if anyone else has mentioned this, so if someone has, forgive me for posting it twice.

I was wandering around Barnes and Noble with my husband this weekend and spotted 'Sky Doll' on the cover of Heavy Metal Magazine. Though the cover suggests otherwise, turns out the entire issue this month is an English translation of Sky Doll 1, 2 and 3. Maybe there is an English translation already out there I've missed, but I was pretty excited to finally be able to read the story.

So yes, if you can bear the embarassment of handing the cashier a magazine with a cheesy metal bikini clad woman posing suggestively on it, then you too can have skydoll for only seven dollars. Hurrah!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:03 pm

Yep! Amy picked this one up at Stuart Ng's during Comic-Con. I'm looking forward to finally reading these comics...

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:51 pm

Let's hope the book eventually gets a nicer edition done in the US: better paper, smaller fonts...but at least, it finally crossed the ocean and people can read it! Yay!

Sarah Mensinga

Post by Sarah Mensinga » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:05 pm

I agree :) That thin magazine paper is going to get munched up in my bookshelf pretty quick.

kyubikitsy

Post by kyubikitsy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:26 pm

I was lucky to be able to find this issue at one of my local comic book shops! Looks it was one of the "Summer Specials" released in July?