The Art Of 'Cars'

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Nick

The Art Of 'Cars'

Post by Nick » Tue May 30, 2006 11:15 am

I picked this book up the other day whilst in London. I could have bought it cheaper on Amazon, but I was looking for instant satisfaction! lol

Anyhoo I just want to say how wonderful this book is. I've been warming up to Cars for some time now and this book has totally sold me. It's interesting to see how each of the Pixar books has a very distinct style. Incredibles for instance had a lot of collage, whilst Cars has a lot of pencil work. It goes without saying though that there is still liberal helpings of those gorgeous pastel colour studies...something which I'm definitely going to start trying myself.

*flicks through book - 5 minutes later realises he's posting on a forum*

cough

I think there's a wider range of character studies and expressions than with some of the previous books, which certainly appeals to me. There are no fold outs this time and no pages which seem to give away a huge chunk of the plot ^_^ The rationale for the design approach is also quirky. It's a credit to everyone involved that the pastel pieces (along with everything else) have translated so well into the finished article.

The book is fantastic and I can't wait for the film. It's going to be a long two weeks. :D

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:21 pm

I flipped through it at the book store the other day and was very impressed with it. The price tag scared me off from walking out with it though. Maybe when it hits the clearence bin =P