Sharknife!

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
agent44

Sharknife!

Post by agent44 » Tue May 17, 2005 4:03 pm

This book totally caught me off guard. I bought it expecting a fun little read, but as I pored over the pages I realized there was something more going on here than just crazy shark fighting. It awoke long dormant feelings I've had for comics. I felt like I was a teenager again when I first went into a comic shop and read Uncanny X-men. Rey's having a whole lotta fun drawing this book and it shows in the pages and dialogue. I finished it and wanted to draw comics so bad. It resurrected the creative feelings I had when I read WildC.A.T.s and Savage Dragon. Not the stuffy, grown up "I want to draw Sequential Art" feelings, but the "I wish school was over so I can run home and draw COMICS!" feeling. Sharknife is a fun ride and makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyway, don't go looking for a solid story or in depth character development, cause all you'll find is a "pivot-posing hot lava ninja robot landslide of justice" and that's just what I needed right now.

Clank

Post by Clank » Tue May 17, 2005 4:36 pm

Oh man, Sharknife looks so extremely fun. I really like Rey's art, too. How long is the book?

endblink

Post by endblink » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:07 pm

At 138 pages, not long enough.

I seriously wanted to go out and buy Sharknife volume two the second I finished the first. And I cursed Zeus that there was no volume two yet.

The thing I love most about Sharknife is, in an age where a lot of popular comics have art that lacks soul, you can see the love, joy and pride that Rey puts into every page of Sharknife.

It's a great read.
しがたがないね。

Joel

Post by Joel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:53 am

Somehow, I missed meeting or seeing Corey at APE.
I still haven't found Sharknife in stores yet.

Guess I'll just have to get it online.

Joel

Post by Joel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:59 pm

I got it.
rock