Nekomajin - Toriyama Akira

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Joey

Nekomajin - Toriyama Akira

Post by Joey » Sun May 15, 2005 11:33 pm

Toriyama Akira (Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump) has finally collected his various Nekomajin one-shots and mini series into one awesome manga volume!

Michele, my lovely girlfriend, got me this book for my birthday. It was released in Japan the day beforehand (April 4, my birthday is April 5, the same day Toriayama was born strangely enough!), so I just got it recently.

Toriyama Akira is probably my very favorite Japanese comic artist, so I was pretty dang excited about this new book. For several years now, he'd been doing these short series and one-shots featuring magical cat characters, and I couldn't wait for there to be enough to be collected into a book! It's really funny, as can be expected from Toriyama, and fans of Dragon Ball would get a kick out of the last mini-series in the book, "Nekomajin Z," which is pretty much just a giant self-parody. I wouldn't count on Viz translating it anytime soon. They'd probably want to at least finish their "Dragon Ball Z" books first, to give US readers reference for some of the jokes...
Visit the Tragic Planet!