Flight Volume 2

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Joe Shig

Flight Volume 2

Post by Joe Shig » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:27 am

Yeah.

I recommend it.

Lots.
--Joe.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:54 am

lol

best

review

EVER :wink:

What I love about Flight is theres just so many different styles and types of story, that I just thumb thought it until I find the one that best suits my mood for that moment in time. That way it's like...whoa...............Flights talking to me..........man...........groooovy.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:34 am

That's actually a really insightful review, Nick. Very cool. :D

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 am

:) I may have written it in a light hearted fashion, but the sentiment is genuine. It was something I was doing on more of a subconcious level at first. There's such a rich tapestry of styles in Flight that there really is something in there for any weather, so to speak. I've probably only read about a third so far, but by choosing the stories on a somewhat subconcious level to suit ones frame of mind, it really does enhance the experience. I'm still really chuffed that I was able to get a copy of Flight 2 so easily, usually I'd arrive somewhere to find Flight 1 sold out; so to accidently be at the front of the que for Flight 2 really made my day.

My thanks to all involved. :D

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:41 pm

Everyone who I've shown it to has been blown away. First by it's thick spine, of course, and then by the quality of the content inside. It's a really great anthology. I think it's strong in that it's cohesive, and it all fits together, but at the same time it's very diverse. I'm really happy to see a mixture of humor, seriousness, fantasy, true life stories, and more. I think you can really see that you can't generalize what kind of stories are in it, and that's a great thing.

My favorites (if I had to choose) are probably The Orange Grove, Solomon Fix, and Destiny Xpress. Of course while I'm saying this more and more are coming to mind that were fantastic...but Kazu, your story really hit me hard. I guess I can really identify with the theme...Jen's comic was beautifully illustrated and really read well, I thought. And then Solomon Fix is just incredibly fun to read!
Visit the Tragic Planet!

PuzzleShift

Post by PuzzleShift » Thu May 05, 2005 2:05 am

I've been super busy with school, so I broke it down and read a few stories a night over coffee while on my study breaks. I finally finished it yesterday, and I'm just......wow. I need to read it again, straight through now that classes are over.

-PS