A Song of Ice and Fire

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
agremar

A Song of Ice and Fire

Post by agremar » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:40 pm

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best fantasy series I've ever read. I highly recommend picking up the first book A Game of Thrones and giving it a read. I got so into it I finished the extant 3000 pages in about a week. It is a character driven work, and he's managed it so well there are characters you so completely loathe and others you love that you can't wait to find out what happens to them.

lameboi

Post by lameboi » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:52 am

I almost failed an exam because of that book! Finished A Storm of Swords in three days.

I do agree, its the best fantasy series out there. Superbly plotted and written. Ive been waiting two years for the next one. Lazy bastard. :x

Captain Uglyhead

Post by Captain Uglyhead » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:09 am

I too have been ejoying these compilations of words on paper. Reading them tells a story!

Uh, anyway, I like how he can write different characters quite well. You'd think that jumping from one set of eyes to another every chapter would become horribly confusing after a while, but things stitch together well after a while.
It follows the continuity of the third Ziganokum movie. It stars Shrub Mikanore as Ziganokum and Bizzorum. With Johothin Griggor as Nebulox.