It's a good life... if you don't weaken.

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Johnny Neat

It's a good life... if you don't weaken.

Post by Johnny Neat » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:13 am

This book is amazingly cool in approach. The art is so subtle and flawless, which quickly brings Craig Thompson to mind. The story is very comfortable and it caused me to go into the whole power that graphic books (comics) bring. Seth, as he prefers to be called, is a down right great artist in all meanings of the word. One that I'm super happy to have found now... rather then never at all, which could have sadly been the case. I of course recommend it, like I would have Carnet De Voyage or any of Craig's work for that matter if not already mentioned before. They just have that twang dudes and dudettes. So check it.

P.s. If this book and artist were mentioned before, I missed that. But it never hurts to mention it again. Also check Craig Thompson's stuff asap, if you don't already.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:41 pm

Seth is one of my favorite illustrators. I've been putting of buying that book for like ever though. Thanks for reminding me to get of my ass!

I have his hardcover portfolio/sketch book called VERNACULAR DRAWINGS. It is mindblowing.

neil

Post by neil » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:24 am

Yeah he's a wonderful designer and illustrator, I love that classic New Yorker style. His great taste redeems his ego.

I liked It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken also. I'm not sure what to make of Clyde Fans yet though; I was telling Kazu that I feel like I'm dying of old age when I read it, ehhehe.

I want that sketchbook!