Fahrenheit 451

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Grasshopper

Fahrenheit 451

Post by Grasshopper » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Fahrenheit 451 is one of the most influential books I have ever read. After finishing the book censorship bothers me more that ever, and I am insulted by abridged versions of a book.

Ironically this powerful book about censorship was censored itself, but the current version of the book on the market has had all the original content put back.

I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially with all the censorship issues that seem to be coming up lately.
I wish I was better

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:36 pm

Word. (For more on F451, see the 1984 thread.)

The current edition is super-swank and has new Bradbury interview material in the back!

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:19 pm

I've got a first edition book, which I worship like the bible. It's a great story and a great commentary on where society is going. Mel Gibson has been planning a film version (there is already one version by Francis Trouffant (sp?) but I ain't seen it) for quite some time now. He put it off to make Passion of the Christ, but I think it's back in the works now.

If you like Bradbury's work you should also check out The Illustrated Man.
--Joe.

agent44

Post by agent44 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:38 pm

Hmmm, I've on read the abridged version of Fahrenheit 451. Wasn't bad, but wasn't that great either, so I was never really motivated to read the unabridged version. I'll have to check it out.

PuzzleShift

Post by PuzzleShift » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:00 pm

It's been a while since I read that, I should pick it up. However, I'm still working through Bradbury's Stories anthology, and that will take me a while.

-PS