Garfield Comics.

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Stick
Flight Moderator

Garfield Comics.

Post by Stick » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:07 am

Well.. as one of my favourite things on the net, i like getting my daily garfield comic in the mail. However, i missed a couple of strips, so i decided to google em to see if any internet site would have it.

turns out the site which emails me my comic everyday has a HUGE collection of strips available for download...

every garfield comic from the 1970's till now is up for grabs..

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/

if you go back in the directory, you'll find other strips as well.

Enjoy!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:14 am

Despite this post, we still like you, Stick. :D

Seriously though, I still do remember the days of the elementary school book fair when I would scramble to get the new Garfield book. Those books were like bricks of gold. Often, they would sell out of the books before I got there, and I would have to settle for Heathcliff, which wasn't so bad. But once, they were out of Heathcliff too, and I felt I needed that fix so bad I picked up a copy of Marmaduke. :shock:

Phil McAndrew

Post by Phil McAndrew » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:46 am

i can totally relate to that.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:55 am

Kazu wrote:Despite this post, we still like you, Stick. :D

Seriously though, I still do remember the days of the elementary school book fair when I would scramble to get the new Garfield book. Those books were like bricks of gold. Often, they would sell out of the books before I got there, and I would have to settle for Heathcliff, which wasn't so bad. But once, they were out of Heathcliff too, and I felt I needed that fix so bad I picked up a copy of Marmaduke. :shock:
eh?

well.. i do kinda feel ripped having bought the books myself and finding them all available for free* off the internet....

still, it's great that i'm able to review over his work and even see strips from when i wasn't even born. Makes a nice contrast of his work then to "his" work now. :)

Plus you could just burn it onto a cd and make it a cool gift if you're cheap enough. :)

Shama Lama

Post by Shama Lama » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:50 pm

Any idea when the interns took over creation of the comic?
I still love Garfield (a little voice in my head says "see the movie", but I know I should ignore it to avoid disappointment) but it's kind of weird knowing that Jim Davis doesn't even do the comic anymore, or does he still write it, or make cameos as the artist, whatever he does now (roles in a giant pile of money :D )