What Comics would you choose.....?

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
dan

Post by dan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:14 pm

I read blankets not too long ago and that was very good. :)

dan

TheBeff

Post by TheBeff » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:40 am

this topic is really awesome. too bad there isn't a decent comic store around here. where can i pick up a lot of these books?
jeph.

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:57 am

Amazon.com works well enough for me! And free shipping rocks!
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Phil McAndrew

Post by Phil McAndrew » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:37 am

Bone has helped me hook a few more buddies on comics! I'm like a drug lord.....except with comics!

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:29 am

Well, I'm going to have to go off of what I own since that's all I've read. Nearby libraries are no good for me, really, and I don't usually read an entire graphic novel in the comic shop, I usually just buy it if I have the money...

Anyway, as introductory readings to possibly get somebody into reading comics I'd lend them from my collection:

Bone and Blankets. For some reason these two phenomenal works seem like they'd be a very effective and positive introduction to comics.

Then I'd lend them to Usagi Yojimbo (for fun), Tommysaurus Rex (for heart), Daisy Kutter (for variety), and Flight (for game, set, and match).

After that I'd probably warn them about everything else I lend them, depending on their personal tastes just as I'd recommend different movies to people depending on their personal tastes (obviously you can't just throw ANYBODY into Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, hehehe).

-Woody