Anybody read Concrete?

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
househatke

Anybody read Concrete?

Post by househatke » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:19 pm

Has anyone ever run across a series of comics called "Concrete"?

These came out in the mid eighties and the art and story were both by
Paul Chadwick. I just checked it out on the web and apparently he's still writing and drawing Concrete stories.

The stories are very thoughtful and creative and there's a lot of depth to the characters. I would say these are perfect reading for a lazy sunny afternoon in a treehouse.

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:29 pm

I've only read the 'Fragile Creature' mini series, which I picked up on a whim ages ago. Very well written with a simple yet realistic style. I'm kind of sorry I never picked up the rest, I'd like to know how he got in the suit in the first place, all I know is that it has something to do with aliens.

agent44

Post by agent44 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:59 am

I love concrete. My neighbor in Glendale had a couple of the concrete collections and I read them all. The cool thing about concrete is you had this storyline of his origin and how and why he was turned into a big block of concrete, but the whole series dosn't stick to that. It's almost as if Chadwick got bored with the original story and wanted to tell other stories, but he still stuck with the same character and world. consequently it went form a superhero book (using the term loosly) to a book more about life, our world, and how we all fit in here.

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:58 pm

I read a couple of the mini series from Dark Horse years ago and remember enjoying them. I always meant to track down the original tradepaperback but never did :(