Lio

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
Harry Myland (IV)

Lio

Post by Harry Myland (IV) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 pm

So, I was perusing the local funny papers not too long ago when I came across a strip called LIO. I had never heard of it before, it's by Mark Tatulli, the same guy who does HEART OF THE CITY (which I have heard of, and really dig).

Anyway, I liked it so much I went online and started reading strips here: http://www.gocomics.com/lio/

Then today I went out and bought both collections of it that are currently available, LIO: HAPPINESS IS A SQUISHY CEPHALOPOD and SILENT BUT DEADLY.

.. This strip is awesome. It's like Calvin and Hobbes meets Perry Bible Fellowship meets the Adams Family. Highly recommend it to those who have never read it.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 am

Oh wow! I really enjoy reading Heart on the odd days when I remember to check the daily comics [the ones in the star have really gone downhill the last couple of years]. It's got a cute bratty sense of humor, but it's not something that I absolutely love, simply because of the subject matter. This looks like something more up my alley though so I'll see if I can't find myself a copy to browse through.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.