LOST Season 3

Discuss films.
Johnny Neat

LOST Season 3

Post by Johnny Neat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am

Season 3 of LOST is coming... and so are more answers too more questions. See you LOSTies Wednesdays @ 9/8c starting October 4th and free recaps on ABC. Catch up on rumors and theories on LostTalk, 4 8 15 16 23 42 and the LOST link HERE and above. Catch up on characters before the season starts HERE.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:13 pm

Oct. 4th. Marking that on my calendar :D

Johnny Neat

I know...

Post by Johnny Neat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:03 pm

I know! I'm a Fein. I need some answers to the three toed statue and this apparent dimensional rift. More Jack and Kate too. These writers have worked magic where it seemed at times the show was running around with if its head were cut off. So I'm more then glad things are on a track and making sense, even if slowly. I have this 24 and O.C. to keep me sane. No more HBO, so no more Sopranos. Sucky.

Johnny Neat

LOST SHOWS MORE!

Post by Johnny Neat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:17 am

FAITH MEETS REALITY

It has been reported that ABC's online game "The Lost Experience" revealed some of the island's secrets after the participants followed all the clues. Once followed, an unlocked video detailed how a mathematician was commissioned by the United Nations in 1962 to calculate the timetable for humanity's extinction. The resulting Valenzetti's Equation was based on factors represented by Egyptian hieroglyphics, each of which was assigned a numerical value: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42, aka what would become Hurley's cursed digits. Though the Hanso Foundation created the Dharma Initiative to stave off the forecast apocalypse, the foundation’s impatient acting president Dr. Thomas Mittelwerk is apparently itching to unleash a virus that will snuff 30 percent of the world's population. You can watch the Alvar Hanso video online HERE!

Season three will begin with episode #50 titled: A Tale of Two Cities. This episode will, according to Carlton Cuse, address the situation of the captivity of Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. Carlton has also noted that, like the second season premiere, this first episode will not initially address some of the situations that first appeared in the finale of Season 2. Mini trivia for the show are as followed:

1. This is the first episode J.J. Abrams has been directly involved in since the show's first season.

2. This episode shares its title with a novel by Charles Dickens. Another Dickens novel (Our Mutual Friend) appears in the Season 2 finale.

3: As with the last 2 seasons, the first episode of the series is Jack-centric.

SHOW TIME: Wed 9 pm
START DATE: Oct 4th

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:52 am

Hmmm..one wonders why egyptian hieroglyphs would be used to represent numbers (then again, they also appeared on the wall counter).
Ah, that's just me noticing the egyptian stuff again :roll:

Looking forward to see what will happen. I'll have to check the time and air dates in Canada. Thanks for the extra video link.

Og

Post by Og » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:36 am

I'm still enjoying this series, but I am getting frustrated with it. They are still asking more questions than they answer.

I'd like to see them start paying some of the big questions off now, and then I think I could relax, and trust that the new questions would be answered in time as well.
ImageImage

Johnny Neat

Yeah well...

Post by Johnny Neat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:12 am

I agree, more answers less questions for now. They at times run into asking more then answering territory and I fear it could kill the show. Although the show has held on pretty damn good and I am more than welling to eat it up.

Until the show ends, boxsets are a none issue because the ending is what will make or break this series I feel. I hope we won't see any shark jumping.

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Man, I frickin love this show! I'm worried they're going to introduce more characters when it starts again in '07, there's so many already.

Kinda bummed my man Mr. Eko ate it. Any theories on that what's that smoke beast that killed him? I think that's a little too bizarre, so far it's the only really unbelievable thing in the show.

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:02 am

lifelibertyland wrote:Any theories on that what's that smoke beast that killed him? I think that's a little too bizarre, so far it's the only really unbelievable thing in the show.
I heard someone once say it was a "nanobot cloud". Apparently, with nano-technology you can create tiny little robots that work in a swarm-function as a single being. Maybe the nanobot went haywire? Maybe?

I'm a complete geek for Lost.
:: antihero ::

Og

Post by Og » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:43 am

On the Official Lost Podcast, Damon Lindloff and Carlton Cuse discuss some of the behind-the-scenes goings on and some of the nuts and bolts of their writing process and decisions. They give very little away about the show, leading fans worldwide to denounce the podcast as frustratingly hollow (though I personally find it entertaining, interesting and occasionally instructional).

However, one thing they have answered definitively, as they have been asked many many times about it, is that the smoke monster is NOT a cloud of nanobots, whatever else it may be.

*shrug*

OK, back off to Geekland for me...
ImageImage

agent44

Post by agent44 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Found this on the internet:

The makers of "Lost" want to end the hit TV show after a maximum of five years and are planning a feature-length movie spin-off.

Co-creator Damon Lindelof is so worried producers and studio executives will drag the show out he is making his opinion on the matter clear now.

Speaking with entertainment news wire service PR Inside, he says "We'd love to end the show after four year, five years tops and do a movie".

At that rate it would put a film in cinemas in 2009 or 2010.

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:13 pm

i completely for that. let's hope abc agrees to it.

Og

Post by Og » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:38 pm

As they've come back this year, what have you thought of it?

They've sort of lost me. *shrug* I don't particularly care what happens next to anybody on that show. I wonder what happened. I was such a big fan there for a bit.
ImageImage

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 pm

i think the primary reason for this is the admitted stalling they've done because they don't have definite end date for the show. i think if things work out with abc, this'll change.

but i admit the first half of the season was very dissapointing. very dull. though i think they've picked things up again this second half. i thought last week's episode with desmond was fantastic.

Coffee and TV

Post by Coffee and TV » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Desmond's episode was probably one of the best yet. I'm not really all that interested in Jack anymore, and the only thing that saved tonight's episode was the re-appearance of the stewardess.