New TMNT flick

Discuss films.
john_thomason_comic_art

Post by john_thomason_comic_art » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:23 pm

Hope the movie is as good as the teaser. Too bad there is no Shredder in this film.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Vince wrote:They're back.

Incidentally, I think it's common knowledge that Leonardo is the coolest Turtle, amirite?

This is what is known as "baiting." :D
Raphael is the coolest turtle on account of all the angst. His character was ready made for a plot that involves him switching to the dark side but it never happened. If they had me on board writing the script you can be damned sure Raphael betrays somebody. :wink:

Dresden Codak

Post by Dresden Codak » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:54 pm

I'm sure this new one will be passable, but I doubt it could ever top the charm of the 1990 masterpiece.

"You're claustrophobic!"

"Hey! I've never even looked at another guy!"

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:32 pm

not the best movie ever, but by far the best turtles movie ever. i had such a fun time!

pokedachef

Post by pokedachef » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:58 pm

i saw the trailer and i didn't know mr. incredible made a cameo!!

ah well, ill probably watch it anyway...:P
-Piotr
My Art Blog

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 pm

haha! that's what i thought when i saw him. though he quickly faded from that when i heard patrick stewart's voice coming out of him.

agent44

Post by agent44 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:24 am

I keep hearing this was pretty good. Perhaps I shall go see it before it comes out on DVD.

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:27 am

agent44 wrote:I keep hearing this was pretty good. Perhaps I shall go see it before it comes out on DVD.
I think TMNT is something that's hard to trust reviews on because everyone probably has a different mix of nostalgia based on their turtles entry point: B&W indy comics vs. full color Archie comic version, early version of cartoon show vs. later versions, Movie, Toys, stage show (shudder) etc. And most movie reviewers are too old to get really excited by the nostalgia and still write it off as a lame kid craze from the late 80's.

On a side note, I thought it was cool to see that Simeon Wilkins had boarded the teaser trailer:

http://www.robotoperatormanuals.com/film/TMNT.html

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Just got back from this one. I really enjoyed it. Like Dave said, a lot of it is nostalgia. I mean, the whole concept is pretty goofy, but dang it's fun. This one definitely had its goofy moments (like the turtles' names flashing on screen the first time we see each of them), but I don't think anyone expects subtle narrative from TMNT.

This one really felt like the first movie, as far as the Raphael storyline goes. And it was fun to see it all not limited because of a special effects budget and actors in costume. I thought the animation was sharp and extremely fun to look at. The character design struck the right balance between cartoony and realistic.

And they left a big setup for Shredder to return in the next one... hoo hoo.

-Seth
Image Image

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:24 pm

I liked it. It was pretty much what I expected it to be. And I about peed myself when Splinter was making himself breakfast and singing.... ahhh good times.