Transformers

Discuss films.
Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Nofret wrote:Heads up folks, a decent teaser is now up:

http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/5029_paramount/en/web/

Choose high def, to see details better.
And a thousand points to anyone who can recognise the one at the end...cause I sure can't!!
Thanks. Pretty much what I figured. Cool action with a focus on very unmemorable humans like that kid Shia.

I think they should keep Michael Bay's name out of the trailer a little more. The make it seem like he directed a lord of the rings or something!
My name is Dave.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:15 pm

Well, it's definitely not the Transformers that we know, but I have to admit that the trailer looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to this. Michael Bay does direct some films in poor taste, but they're always entertaining. And the screenwriters are the guys who wrote Mission: Impossible 3, a film that I felt had an uncommonly good script. In the end, it'll do well and it'll be stupid fun. That's all I want from it anyway. :)

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:47 pm

Ugh. Sorry, but this looks like it's going to be a complete trainwreck of a film. Bay's films have been on a steady decline (did anyone actually see Bad Boys 2? I liked the first one as brainless entertainment, but the second one had SO many problems, I didn't even think it was possible to mess up a movie like that), and this trailer didn't even have any juice to get me even remotely excited.

Bleah.

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:47 pm

I guess stupid fun is good enough for a summer movie.
Bring it on! I know I won't be able to resist.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:02 pm

Kean wrote:Ugh. Sorry, but this looks like it's going to be a complete trainwreck of a film. Bay's films have been on a steady decline (did anyone actually see Bad Boys 2? I liked the first one as brainless entertainment, but the second one had SO many problems, I didn't even think it was possible to mess up a movie like that), and this trailer didn't even have any juice to get me even remotely excited.

Bleah.
I totally agree. I feel movies like Bad Boys 2, Pearl Harbor, and The Island are incredibly insulting to our intelligence. If they really wanted to get a bad action film director, I would have preferred Roland Emmerich to have directed this.

I will admit though, the special effects look awesome.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm

I hate Michael Bay and think he is a completely overrated director. And I pretty much checked myself out of the film as soon as I heard he was directing it.

However, after having seen the trailer, I'm starting to change my tune. I'm still a little skeptical, but I'll now be there opening night.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 am

Felix

Post by Felix » Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 am

Yeah definately got to go and so this one. But i have low expectations and Bay does not have a good record.

Lestrade

Post by Lestrade » Tue May 22, 2007 8:05 am

I'm all over this. Bay is a hack, but as long as there is a satisfying ratio of giant robots fighting to—I don't know, the inevitable "Go America" subtext—I will be happy.

Just please please re-CG that scene where Optimus Prime has a mouth! the newest trailer on Yahoo has got me really excited; those mid-air transformations look incredible.
BenjaminRivers.com - Illustration | Comics | Joy