Transformers

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Transformers

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:28 pm

Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:37 am

It makes me VERY giddy.
My name is Dave.

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:52 pm

hmm... dunno what to expect from it... of course I want to see it... it's part of my childhood, I remenber even getting money in, let's say not so legal ways, to buy me one of those transformers (it was the caterpillar ones... with 6 of them combined you could build a giant one!). On the other hand I think this film will spoil the sweet memories I have...
BOLZANO COMICS FESTIVAL 2009

less is more... but not enough is not enough
my website: weblog.papernoise.net

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:03 am

Giddy and worried!
It's frigging Michael Bay at the helm, and I haven't liked any of his movies so far.
Plus, there are rumours that Bumblebee may be a Camaro. Gah! Make it a little car, any little car but not that!

Or just bring in new robots. Better that than damaging our good old memories.

I hope there's more info during SDCC.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:45 pm

I have a feeling it might be new looking Transformers. Maybe ones from the new generation like Armada or something.

I'm getting nervous about having Michael Bay at the helm. The teaser is out, but it's pretty bad. It's a very disappointing teaser and it's not because it doesn't really show what they look like. Couldn't they have come up with something better?

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:09 pm

I've sneaked a few peeks at the actual transformers... and i have to say they don't look anything like original stuff, gone is optimus's diesel chest plate and thats just the tip of the iceberg... so many other things.. its very wierd looking and over complicated and peeepee.
http://www.CHUCKBB.com

Will trade art for Ulver LPs

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:16 pm

It's been so long since I watched the cartoons and I can't remember how they explained the robots transforming into familiar vehicles. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, my guess is that they will simply be robots that mimic what they see and they transform into whatever is around. That might explain why Bumble Bee would be a Camaro in the film or why Optimus might not have his diesel chest plate he's famous for. I think the way the title text changes into the release date and other words in the trailer is a good hint.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:52 pm

jshamblin wrote:It's been so long since I watched the cartoons and I can't remember how they explained the robots transforming into familiar vehicles. Does anyone remember?
After their ship crashlanded on Earth, the Transformers were knocked unconscious. A program on board the ship went out and found templates for Earth vehicles for the Transformers to change into, instead of the alien vehicles they had been before.

I can't believe I actually remember that.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:03 pm

jdalton wrote:
jshamblin wrote:It's been so long since I watched the cartoons and I can't remember how they explained the robots transforming into familiar vehicles. Does anyone remember?
After their ship crashlanded on Earth, the Transformers were knocked unconscious. A program on board the ship went out and found templates for Earth vehicles for the Transformers to change into, instead of the alien vehicles they had been before.

Ha ha, I just explained that to a friend after seeing the teaser before Pirates 2....he did make fun of me for remembering as well....
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Johnny Neat

WOW!!!

Post by Johnny Neat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 am

WOW!!! :shock: someone remembered the origin of transformation for the Transformers... amazing. I totally forgot that. Anyhow I hope they get it right cuss Optimus and Bumble Bee is a not a good start. [/quote]
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

Vince

Post by Vince » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:02 am

jdalton wrote:

You are a god among men.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Old news already but worth posting, the original voice of Optimus Prime Peter "eeyore" Cullen was hired to voice the prime in the movie!

Woo hoo!!!

Now... too bad they made the truck not resemble the toon. And he has flames on the side.
My name is Dave.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:22 am

Coheteboy wrote:Old news already but worth posting, the original voice of Optimus Prime Peter "eeyore" Cullen was hired to voice the prime in the movie!

Woo hoo!!!
Now that's good news!

Johnny Neat

DAMN Skippy!

Post by Johnny Neat » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:09 pm

I heard this is all fact as well... and as for the vehicle chosen for Optimus, it's a Dodge Ram. I'm for the truck and trailer, but they may be going with a sponser (Dodge) and a vehicle that can move more easily and do more in the filmmakers eyes'. Sucks though, cuss I will only feel a bit better if Megatron gets his real voice too.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:26 pm

So they're following the Alternator line now?
(if at least he can keep his head, it's a start)

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/imag ... _prime.jpg