Top Ten Movies (Never Made)

Discuss films.
Nofret

Post by Nofret » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:56 am

I always wondered if they could do a good adaptation of Stormbringer...

The Scorpion, a french comic book, would be a great live action film :D

For disaster movies, I'd go for Stephen Baxter's sci-fi called "Moonseed" (the whole planet earth gets destroyed! Woot!)

What else what else...

Hey, if you want to do Blacksad animated, you have to do Skydoll ;)

I'd like a good alternate history movie. Maybe "Guns of the South" by Turtledove.

And if Miyazaki could do another film...
That's all I could come up with for now.

Clank

Post by Clank » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:19 pm

I thought of the most amazing new idea:

A background story for the Hamburglar. Why does he want to steal all those damn hamburgers, and why does he wear the conspicuous prison uniform?

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:46 pm

"Hamburglar: Behind the Mask"

I smell a VHI special.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:02 pm

I'd want:

-G.I.Joe (live action... i hear they're in the works but I don't want a crappy movie)

-Street Fighter (live action... DONE RIGHT!!)

-Gargoyles (trad. animation -- i love this cartoon and it would look so cool with the best animators in the biz)

-Rape of Nanking

-Star Wars prequels 2 and 3 (directed by Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg like George Lucas initially wanted (they both declined saying that they were HIS films)

-Masters of the Universe (live action, again.. done RIGHT)
My name is Dave.

Iaster

Post by Iaster » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:25 pm

-Street Fighter (live action... DONE RIGHT!!)
I think Street Fighter has been done as right as it ever will. It's a game with no real storyline, no real setting, and goofy characters with unrealistic fighting styles. Oh, but as I type this I am reminded of a scene in Jackie Chan's City Hunter that used live action representations of the Street Fighter characters and managed to accurately reproduce the feel of the game, you should check it out.

But as for movies that should be made, (and I'm not saying this just for contraversy's sake) but a GOOD version of Lord of the Rings would be nice, perhaps one that manages to reproduce the themes and feel of the book at least somewhat accurately.

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Isn't there a Street Fighter anime movie? I don't think Street Fighter would work as well in live action. There's just too many goofy moves.
Masters of the Universe
Wasn't John Woo rumored to be making this? :lol:

They should make an Underdog movie, Super Chicken movie, Tom Slick movie, if just to hear their theme songs. :wink:

Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Ian Jay » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:30 pm

gau dog wrote:They should make an Underdog movie, Super Chicken movie, Tom Slick movie, if just to hear their theme songs. :wink:
Underdog? Lame. Hong Kong Phooey: The Movie, now that would have an awesome theme song.

~IJ

KSBrennan

Post by KSBrennan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Jeff Smith's Bone needs to be made into a movie. A triology of movies actually.[/i]

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Ditto on Bone.
Daisy Kutter as a movie would be a lot of fun.
I'd like to see a non-conspiracy movie on Jack Ruby.
Mathilda (a sequel to Luc Besson's Léon)
:: antihero ::

otisframpton

Post by otisframpton » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:43 pm

"Rendevouz With Rama". There was supposed to be a David Fincher directed film coming, with Morgan Freeman starring in it, but no news recently.

"Wicked". I'm sure there will be a movie version of the musical, and that will be great, but I was a huge fan of the book before the musical was ever made.

"The Wizard of Oz". Still waiting for a really cool live action version that's faithful to Baum's books (but I love the MGM film and thought "Return to Oz" captured the feel pretty well).

"Dreadstar". I'm probably one of 10 people who loved Jim Starlin's sci-fi series, and it will never happen, but I'd sure like to see it as an animated series.

DavidHopkins! What the heck are YOU doin' here?

-Otis

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm

How about a new version of Catch 22?
It would probably have to be about 3 hours long to do the book justice but there you go.

War of the Worlds, only this time set in the right country and during the right time period.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

heyitsgarrett

Post by heyitsgarrett » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:57 pm

I would love to see a movie based on Nick Bantock's Capolan book series.

The series themselves are art pieces in themselves, which deal a lot with mail art and letters between two characters, but I could see a really inventive movie/story spurring out of the invented country of Capolan.

Maybe in an animated Miyazaki style? That would be beautiful.

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 pm

I'm a little late to party but here goes. I completely agree with a no to Calvin and Hobbes for the exact reasons already mentioned.

I think a biography of Walt Disney is a great idea. I became interested in him after I reading Bill Peets Autobiography.
I wish I was better

galenrandir

The Hobbit

Post by galenrandir » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:22 pm

The Hobbit. Only one that was well directed, well cast, and very well written. Something with the very essence that made me fall in love with the book in the first place.

with Andy Serkis as Gollum, of course. :)

Reagan

Post by Reagan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:05 am

The Dig
Fahrenheit 451 (yes I know there was an old version of the movie, but it was horrible)
Otherland