Superman

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Superman

Post by SonOfaRich » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:54 pm

I saw the trailer for Superman before Harry Potter. I was a bit skeptical about this film the entire time, but it looks pretty darn good.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:20 pm

You shoulda seen the footage shown at San Diego Comic-Con. It was like three times more footage as the teaser and man it looks AWESOME.

The teaser though... it leaves me wondering what direction they're trying to go. This movie is a RETURN of Superman... the teaser kinda makes it like it's a BEGINS story.

Either way, the teaser is really hiding a lot of great stuff from what I seen at comic-con. You guys are in for a real treat. (i hope).
My name is Dave.

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:11 am

I agree, the teaser didn't really give me an impression of what the movie would be like (though I did like the pretty Superman over the Earth shot), so it's hard to say if I'm interested in it or not. Guess I'll wait for a more informative trailer.
i heard rumors, he was into
http://jae.imperialotter.com/

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:06 am

The trailer seemed a bit over-the-top-dramatic to me but...wait...it's Superman! I guess it should be! (no, Dean, that isn't a slam) :D
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Mike Thompson

Post by Mike Thompson » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:47 pm

It looks really good, IMO. I eagerly await its release! The colors of the suit don't look half bad either, considering how dark they filmed it (at least that's the impression I got from the preview).

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:40 am

Joey wrote:The trailer seemed a bit over-the-top-dramatic to me but...wait...it's Superman! I guess it should be! (no, Dean, that isn't a slam) :D
Haha. Yeah, I agree it's over the top, SUPERMAN-IS-AMAZING, but seriously, he's the grandaddy of tights-wearing superheroes, so I like to see him played big. I mean, at least bigger than the little stuff the give him to deal with on Smallville. It's a common problem. Writers have a hard time balancing reality into Superman's world without weakening him enough to give him boring little adversaries.

Morrison's current All-Star Superman is an example of how stronger writers aren't afraid to have him MEGA POWERFUL and force themselves to come up with Superproblems.

Anyway, here's hoping the flick is good. I'm confident in Singer, but with Routh being an unknown, well, we'll see. :)

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm

What I like most about this trailer is that they used the original musical score. I hope they use it or something similar to it in the actual film.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:38 pm

SonOfaRich wrote:What I like most about this trailer is that they used the original musical score. I hope they use it or something similar to it in the actual film.
i'm pretty sure that's not the original score? am i wrong?

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:40 pm

deantrippe wrote:
SonOfaRich wrote:What I like most about this trailer is that they used the original musical score. I hope they use it or something similar to it in the actual film.
i'm pretty sure that's not the original score? am i wrong?
Yup, you are wrong. The piece of score used in the trailer is John Williams track for the Planet Krypton (from Superman 1).
My name is Dave.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Wed May 10, 2006 3:06 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/

The new trailer makes the movie look (dare I say it) Super good.

Mike Thompson

Post by Mike Thompson » Wed May 10, 2006 3:27 pm

Absolutely SUPER-GOOD!!!!

Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 pm

Ohhh, YES! If only Bryan Singer could have done this and X3. At least we'll get one amazing comic-book movie this year.

"It's a bird."
"It's a plane."
"It's..."
"You wanted to see me?"

Ahahahaha.

Vince

Post by Vince » Tue May 30, 2006 10:27 pm

The more I see of this movie the more it looks like, as the kids say nowadays, the shit. I have faith in Bryan Singer, and just from the trailers it seems he understands how to use icons and symbolism very well. And there is no greater comic-book icon than Superman.

neil

Post by neil » Tue May 30, 2006 11:20 pm

I like that part where the bullet bounces off his eyeball! And when he lands, and the whole ground shakes. That's the kind of stuff I always imagined! I hope it's a good story.

heyitsgarrett

Post by heyitsgarrett » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:59 am

I saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. It had a solid cast, although the story kind of dragged for a good long while, which really just gave Superman time to save folks while Lex Luthor did his own thing.

Although I don't really understand the purpose of getting Kal Penn (Kumar of "Harold and Kumar...") for the film, seeing as how his role was essentially to set evil things up for Luthor and then grin like an idiot. I don't think he actually had a line during the entire flick.

Regardless, this story does have some surprises, and does a great job of picking up where the first two 70's flicks left off (minus Richard Pryor, thank goodness).