Crash!

Discuss films.
Makafui

Crash!

Post by Makafui » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:09 am

The new released one, it just got a theatre release in the UK and personally I loved it and even saw it twice but when I was watching it people were walking out what did you guys think of it?

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:38 am

I didn't see it, but my dad really liked it...

What is it about exactly?

Dek

Post by Dek » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:55 pm

I absolutely loved this movie - and not only because it's Canadian. Jus most of the moments in it are hilarious - Ludacris' speech about how they're feared because they're black, and then becoming the stereotype himself, that moment is just delicious. I'd heard that many people saw it as being very preachy over a subject we all knew about, but it depends on who's seeing it. Most people should see it anyways.

It basically follows about 8-10 people, and the events leading into a car crash, and the racial tension that surrounds these people. Examples are a persian family who are robbed, and labelled "Arabs", though they aren't; an old man who lost his janitorial job due to the fact that the school board he worked for wanted a more "multicultural" staff; that kind of thing. It also happens to be just plain well-made.

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:53 pm

I also liked it the first time when it was called "Magnolia," and the time before that when it was called "Short Cuts."

Seriously, though, that said, I did like it. Fun flick, some great moments.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.