Sin City - trailer

Discuss films.
WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:23 pm

Did anyone else see the footage from the San Diego Con? From the little I've actually seen of this flick, the acting may be it's biggest flaw.

There I go being skeptical again.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

neil

Post by neil » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:31 pm

The casting seems pretty good overall (through Bruce Willis looks a bit small for Marv), but it looks like the entire movie was probably shot in front of a blue screen, which might affect the acting. I really like the effort to capture the look of the comic book, but it looks a little too polished, especially for the gritty noir that it's supposed to be. I think the super-cool look of the movie should be handled with more subtle directing, but Rodriguez seems to be going for more explosive in-your-face stuff as usual. I'm still really interested in seeing this.

Clank

Post by Clank » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:46 pm

Until I saw this thread, I knew nothing about this movie. I thought the trailer looked pretty cool. The visuals at least look AMAZINGLY cool, but who knows if the acting and/or story will be as good?

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:02 pm

neil wrote:(through Bruce Willis looks a bit small for Marv)
Willis plays Hartigan. Mickey Rourke plays Marv (which was genius casting, if you ask me.)
--Joe.

neil

Post by neil » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:05 pm

Ah yeah, I realized that but I was too lazy to correct myself, hehe. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:35 pm

I hate correcting people, yet I do it so much. :?
--Joe.

Uncle

Post by Uncle » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:19 pm

One of my first reactions to seeing Pulp Fiction was how much it reminded me of Sin City (especially the Butch the Boxer story line) and how if anyone ever made Sin City into a film that 'this director ought to do it'. So I am glad to see not only one of Quentin's film brothers doing the film, but Tarantino himself will be directing one of the stories.

Frank Miller is also taking credit as Co-Director, so I think any naysayers pointing out Robo-cop as the failing point might be getting huffy too soon. This is his baby.

I'll see it, I'm sold. Hopefully it will be 1/10th of what the comic is to me. If so I'm sure to be entertained.
new comics 5 days a week
www.unclecomics.com

Justin

Post by Justin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:53 pm

one of my friends was showing me how well some of the scenes match exact panels from the comic, it's impressive, the same friend was also raving about how good the casting was. hopefully i'll find the time to read it before seeing the movie.
-Justin