Sin City - trailer

Discuss films.
chuckbb

Sin City - trailer

Post by chuckbb » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:27 am

douglas a. bot

Post by douglas a. bot » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:13 am

Wow. (i'm reserving judgement...but wow!)

JonS

Post by JonS » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:50 am

wow.

...and I love jessica alba again and forgive her for any FF mishaps.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:28 am

moved to cinematheque. ^^

Spex

Post by Spex » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:49 am

You know what's awesome?

It's not an adaption of the book, but a translation, meaning that it's going to be basically exactly like the book.
I lost dis arm in a bear trap, thirty-five years ago wrestling dis fine ham from its grip!

It's a fine ham it is!

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:41 pm

I'd love to see this trailer in a theatre, where most people probably aren't familiar with the Sin City books. I wonder what folks will think of the black and white style translated to the big screen.

Anyway, I think it looks pretty. Just waiting to see if the acting will be able to help support the stories. (I'm really looking forward to seeing Benecio Del Toro as Jackie Boy though :D)
i heard rumors, he was into
http://jae.imperialotter.com/

matt spangler

Post by matt spangler » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:05 pm

hopefully the movie does well, usually any movie that is experimental like this causes some sort of uproar (both good and bad). I know nothing about the comic and the trailer interests me...so i guess that is a good thing

Dek

Post by Dek » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:38 pm

Heh - I love the Black and White movie-style, with the splashes of colour :D It's amazing how well it's adapted to the comic - with the trend being adapting comics into movies, the "comic-ness" has often been left - not here. The dramatic angles...the over-buffed hero....it's *sniff*....it's all there *sob*.

Edit: There's some footage of the movie, that was shown at some Comic Con (don't know which one). All over the net, Troublemaker Studios banned it, but if you look over KaZaA you can still find it. I have a copy, but no server that'll allow big downloads - if anyone has a ready server and is willing to host it, I can send it to you - I promise, it's quite awesome.

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:37 pm

I've seen both the San Diego Comicon footage and the trailer (online and in the theater). I'm not sure. At first I was really excited. I've got four of the books, the four that the movie are based on. It's not the visuals I'm worried about, though they may prove to be a little too slick, if they really want that authentic noir feel. I'm most worried about the story. Rodriguez hasn't really proved to me that he's capable of the depth that is required of any good story, just that he's good with action sequences. Sin City is rooted in the plight of these characters in an awful city. We'll see what happens.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

Dek

Post by Dek » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:21 pm

WillisDrummond wrote:Rodriguez hasn't really proved to me that he's capable of the depth that is required of any good story, just that he's good with action sequences. Sin City is rooted in the plight of these characters in an awful city. We'll see what happens.
But Frank Miller's right there beside him! There's no way to fail.

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:55 pm

Maybe you're not familiar with Miller working on the Robocop sequels.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:22 am

Dek

Post by Dek » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:10 pm

WillisDrummond wrote:Maybe you're not familiar with Miller working on the Robocop sequels.
Shh! Shhhhhhhhh! *hands in ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING!
Actually, I didn't know about that. Whoa-boy. *hopes for the best*

Anyhoo. A bigger version of the trailer can be seen at http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/trailer/, plus an 11-minute interview at http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=mf ... 1808560210. Some interesting stuff in there.

Basically, I have faith in this movie. I'm hoping it comes out amazing.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:25 pm

I think this is actually going to be really good. Robert Rodriguez, even when working on projects that for all intents and purposes should fail, seems to be able to breathe life and fun into them. Working with good material like this, I can't imagine it being terrible. That new trailer is really awesome, too. If the film is cut and treated as nicely as that, I think I'm going to love this film.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:38 pm

Holee crazy! That new trailer is wicked! :shock: