Cars

Discuss films.
Mothos

Cars

Post by Mothos » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:08 am

Well, I wasn't expecting this trailer quite so soon!

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:21 am

I can't help but think Chevron when I see this. But it looks cute.
My name is Dave.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:49 am

It didn't catch me right off, but Pixar's earned some faith in my book.

Iron Spike

Post by Iron Spike » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:04 am

The concept doesn't move me and the trailer didn't make me jump out of my seat, but Pixar has a long, distiguished history of Not Sucking, so I'll wait for longer clips before I pass further judgement.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:10 pm

As you folks have mentioned, It's Pixar; going to trust in their judgement and story telling ability. However I really don't like those character designs...early days though.

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:54 pm

huh....well, we'll see.

bannister

Post by bannister » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:49 am

First part is great, but I'm not so much into the nascar stuff.
I'm not fond with talking objects either, but it's really well done.

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:10 am

I'm hesitant about this one as well. I think we'll have to wait for another preview because with what's been released right now, well, we don't really know what it's about. We know it's about cars, and that's all. Does the story follow those two cars at the drive-in? Or does it follow some Nascar cars? Or what? The preview didn't reveal any of the story, so I'm withholding judgement until I find out just what the film is about.

Clank

Post by Clank » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:03 pm

Just like you guys, I can't really tell how it'll be either. I sure HOPE that it's good. I really liked the flying bee, but then when I saw the talking cars, I was kind of turned off.

Sketchy

Post by Sketchy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:07 pm

The style reminds me of an old cartoon about an anthro prop plane that has a jet for a son. Machines with faces freak me out.
"I love you like a fat kid loves cake."
-50 Cent

kiati2000

Post by kiati2000 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:32 pm

i have faith in pixar, but that trailer was rather depressing. the car characters just seem like they've been done before...

though it is possible that what we're seeing isn't fully rendered, which i very much hope.

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:35 pm

I'm holding out on this one.....I thought Nemo was going to be crap after seeing that first trailer.

When I started seeing the little cars changing the tires of the big cars I got a little excited.
ImageImage

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:43 pm

Sketchy wrote:The style reminds me of an old cartoon about an anthro prop plane that has a jet for a son. Machines with faces freak me out.
:lol:

Oh, yeah I remember that cartoon (if we are thinking of the same one). Didn't freak me out though. :?

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:49 pm

As with all pixar teaser trailers, I wonder how much of this is actually in the film.

For example:
-Monsters Inc showed Sully and Mikie stumble out of the closet of the wrong house. It was entertaining and gave us an idea of what to expect, but didn't happen in the film.

-Finding Nemo... well.. I guess that was in the movie. (dory and marlin looking at the pretty light)

-Incredibles.... Mr. Incredible trying to put on the belt of his costume.

So we'll have to see what this movie really is about. To be completely honest, I'd rather have seen an Aardman animation studio film about Cars done entirely in clay.
My name is Dave.

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:23 pm

Yeah I wasn't so crazy about the teaser for Monsters Inc...mainly because I'm not such a fan of Billy Crystal, and altough I enjoyed John Goodman in Emperor's New Groove, was kind of tired of him as a voice actor. But I ended up loving that film and it may be my personal favorite of the Pixar films. I even liked Billy Crystal!

So I will of course give Pixar the credit they deserve. And if they can make Cars into a great movie that I love I will never question them again.

Because that trailer seemed HORRIBLE. Mainly because the character designs seem like such a throw back to the early days of CGI animated objects...and the hillbilly truck just doesn't do anything for me.

Now if the cars transformed into giant robots...that would be something!